Is this game still region-restricted?

(dsa88) #1

So, I got a beta key a while ago, I was even able to redeem and install it on steam and play it for a few days only to eventually get a message telling me to **** off because I was not in a country they support. I uninstalled it. So, is the game still region-restricted? Will it always be region-restricted? If it will be, it will die, just saying.

(Nail) #2

yes it is still stupidly region restricted, maybe someone at Nexon will grow a brain or a pair and fix it, but it is nexon

(Glottis-3D) #3

sad but true, mate.
i myself have to play from restricted area, which is sucks!

(Protekt1) #4

It will die if it is region restricted? Hardly. In some regions it may flourish more than usual because no one likes to play against people with 200+ pings. It is common and is truly toxic to f2p games in the NA region since we get a lot of people with really really bad connections and they are no fun at all to play against.

Anyway, my hope is I don’t have to deal with that **** again, like in other f2p shooters. I don’t really care one way or another about region locking itself.

(Nail) #5

but it’s more than region restricted, there are NO CIS , South American, or Asian publishing partners, so no way to even play in their region

(dsa88) #6

[QUOTE=Protekt1;526873]It will die if it is region restricted? Hardly. In some regions it may flourish more than usual because no one likes to play against people with 200+ pings. It is common and is truly toxic to f2p games in the NA region since we get a lot of people with really really bad connections and they are no fun at all to play against.

Anyway, my hope is I don’t have to deal with that **** again, like in other f2p shooters. I don’t really care one way or another about region locking itself.[/QUOTE]

I can’t even think of a succesful FPS that is region-restricted. Are there any?

edit:also, if it’s pings they’re worried about, why not restrict based on pings?

(Zenity) #7

As long as there will be region providers, and the ability to play cross-region for tournaments (LAN at least), it will be alright I guess…

It does worry me a good bit though, especially since there is a chance that I may be staying in SEA at some point, and I don’t like the idea of being split from the main community…

(Glottis-3D) #8

exactly this.