Execution is Coming to Dirty Bomb - Test Weekend

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

So you might’ve guessed that Execution will be making an appearance in Dirty Bomb soon. Very soon. In-fact, this weekend! :smiley: And along with Execution we will also have a new map in rotation to play it on called ‘Overground’. That’s right, a double whammy of awesomeness.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13477[/ATTACH]

Here are all of the juicy game details for you to check out prior to it’s release;

First of all, this mode is still in its Prototype phase and we are looking for your feedback. We want to make it as awesome as it can be and you can help make the difference.

Each team is trying to win the most out of 10 rounds. To win a round the attacking team needs to eliminate all enemy players or bomb one of two objectives; the defenders have to stop them.

Win Conditions

A round is won if:

Attackers

[ul]
[li]The attackers kill all of the defenders
[/li][li]The attackers destroy one of the two objectives
[/li][/ul]

Defenders

[ul]
[li]The defenders kill all the attackers and no C4 is currently active
[/li][li]The defenders defuse a planted C4 before it goes off
[/li][li]The round time expires
[/li][/ul]

The first team to win 6 rounds is declared the victor for the match, ending even if all 10 rounds have not been played. If each team wins 5 rounds, it is declared a Draw. Individual rounds cannot end in a draw.

Team Sizes

Currently the team sizes will be 7v7 and it will be available through ‘Quick Play’ and Server Browser only (No MM is available for the game mode and team sizes may vary upon full release).

Match Time & Rules

[ul]
[li]Each round has a time limit of 3:00. If time expires, the defending team wins the round.
[/li][li]The round will continue though if there is an active C4 charge, then once defused or exploded the round ends.
[/li][li]Only one C4 charge can be planted during a round. When one is planted, the other bomb site is disabled.
[/li][li]Once killed, players do not respawn until the next round. Players that are incapacitated but not finished can still be revived or helped up to continue fighting.
[/li][/ul]
Half Time
After 5 rounds, the attacking and defending teams switch sides.

HUD
The objective HUD is in the top left of the screen and shows:

[ul]
[li]The round timer
[/li][li]The round number
[/li][li]The number of players alive on each team
[/li][li]The number of rounds won by each team
[/li][li]If the bomb has been planted
[/li][li]The bomb’s fuse progress
[/li][/ul]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13476[/ATTACH]

And that is all of the glorious details. But when is it actually hitting the servers?

On Thursday at 21 UTC/2PM PDT there will be a Live Stream showcasing the new Gamemode and map which will be hosted on the Dirty Bomb Twitch channel - www.twitch.tv/DirtyBomb and then on Friday it will be available to play all through the weekend until Tuesday.

Any questions, just drop them below and we’ll get to them. Happy fragging!

(DarkangelUK) #2

This made me squee \o/

(rookie1) #3

From top view New map looks interesting …will see :slight_smile:

(Exedore) #4

I’m particularly interested in any potential tie-breaker systems you all would like to see (it can end 5-5). We have some ideas, but wanted to get the core of the mode out for testing ASAP.

(spookify) #5

I remember this map! It was pretty fun and actually pretty big!

How is doing Execution map deisgn De_Dave? That would make sense. So if so I am not going to question the defenders spawning in a bomb sight.

There is a ton of trick jumps on this map! I just hope SD fixed all the area’s where you could get stuck. Like right outside attackers spawn after the ramp there was a tree and a wall you could get stuck between!

I cant wait to try it. I hope Bomb Site B isnt as hard as it looks to get into… Plus its enemy spawn humm…

Very Cool.

What else is in this update?

(spookify) #6

5-5 Draw “BUT” Team with the Most Bomb Sight Detonations WINS! (BOOM) - This might force people to plant… (Sub Score) (Tie Breaker)

No Abilities or Guns — KNIFE FIGHT TO WIN

Top Ranked Player Vs Top Ranked Player 1v1

Sudden Death - Next Team to Win - Wins it All

Both Teams are Given The Same Mercs (For Balance) - Team That Wins - Wins (Sudden Death Style) (FYI They can Vote which Merc they want)

How do they handle it in CS? Do that…

Headshots only Tie Breaker Round

Speed Round 1.5 Min Game (Sudden Death)

Credit Draw Penalty - Pub Ends in a Drew

Game Just Ends!

No Bomb Sights Pure TDM for winner!

FYI: With that enemy spawn where it is what about an idea of forcing defenders to leave spawn?
Example:
Gates Close and lock you in after 1 minutes
Defending spawns are designed so you need to drop out of them

Most Maps in CS are designed to where either the defenders or attackers spawn in an area that can be passed through. In this map they are placed at either end.

PLEASE watch this! Dont make linear maps!

(Pytox) #7

want to play this map for sure

will there also be private vip tester servers???

(Mustang) #8

Initial thoughts, not enough depth, sad to see the same mode as every other game out there does, “core of the mode” needs some pizazz, preferably by means of some dynamic elements that change the “landscape” through the course of a round.

(Seanza) #9

Colour me interested. I think it’s going to be great playing a different map and mode. Will this be available in match making?

MR10 followed by MR3 :smiley:

(Exedore) #10

Not for this first test, but definitely sometime in the future.

(Exedore) #11

It’s actually part of the currently released update.

(Exedore) #12

I can totally understand this, and we’re open to these sorts of ideas!

(rookie1) #13

I’m sad that this post passed under the radarand would have brought so much of what DB need :frowning:

(Exedore) #14

Interesting ideas, and keep at it. Something that’s worth keeping in VIP-mind, though… those sort of things make it harder to make and balance maps, which is an huge issue that we’ve had during the course of DB and the biggest reason why we don’t have more of them.

Don’t mean that suggest that it rules things out, it’s more that there’s a cost and benefit evaluation that has to be run over everything.

(shibbyuk) #15

Nice! Shame I’m away most of this weekend! :frowning:

Instagib deathmatch! Knife fight is also a good idea :slight_smile:

(spookify) #16

After thinking about this why is it best of 10? Every sport that I know of has best of 5, 7, 9 or 11!!! (American Baseball, American Basketball - All Best Of’s)

So My Final Suggestion:

PUB’s
Best of 10 = Credit Draw Penalty - Pub Ends in a Drew
or
Best of 9 = No Draws!
(9 * 3:00 = 27 minutes for a round in Pubs? Ugh…) (Worst Case)
or
Best of 7 = No Draws!
(7 * 3:00 = 21 minutes for a round) (Worst Case)

MM (Ranked):
#1) Speed Round 1.5 Min Game (Sudden Death)
#2) 5-5 Draw “BUT” Team with the Most Bomb Sight Detonations WINS! (BOOM) - This might force people to plant… (Sub Score) (Tie Breaker)
#3) No Draws!!! Best of 5 or 7 or 9 or 11!
#3a) Best of 9 = No Draws!
(9 * 3:00 = 27 minutes for a round in Pubs? Ugh…) (Worst Case) (With loading and time between round you might average 30 minutes a ranked MM)

Run Tests for Best of 7 or 9 to see what feels better. Heck maybe even 11…

10 PFFT silly euros :wink:

However maybe a Home and Away Team might have to be introduced. The Higher Ranked team or ELO always gets Home First. Look Up American Baseball playoff Rules and Also Basketball playoff rules and see how games are played.

(Exedore) #17

Because in these situations one team has home field advantage, something which we can’t really do… it might be possible in a tournament structure where each team chooses a map, though.

(spookify) #18

Yeah, I edited my post as you were responding haha!

Giving the team with the higher ELO might stack those teams or give them to much of an advantage?

Shouldnt the Higher Ranked Team Get Home-Field?

What about thinking outside the box and Combining a Baseball style system and condensing it into one game of Execution?

Current Baseball Format:
2-2-1 format however, both teams have the home field advantage in a way. While one team gets to host three games (including the critical first and last game), the other team does get two chances out of three (games 3 and 4) of winning the series on its home field. Also, the team earning homefield is assured of hosting two games instead of the lesser record team being guaranteed the two games.

What if you play 2 starter games that still count. Attack once and Defense once. If either team wins both they can pick Home or Away aka Attack or Defense. If both teams tie we are back to our original problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_death_%28sport%29

(spookify) #19

Instead of coping CS, execution could Plant the bomb… Each team has a Bomb sight.

\ – S – /

BOMB

< – 0 – >

< – 0 – >

< – 0 – >

BOMB

/ – S – \

Maybe Instead of a Bomb its something else…

OR Copy LOL

\ – Spawn – /

BOMB (AKA Turret)

< – 0 – >

< – 0 – >

BOMB (AKA Turret)

< – 0 – >

< – 0 – >

< – 0 – >

BOMB (AKA Turret)

< – 0 – >

< – 0 – >

BOMB (AKA Turret)

/ – Spawn – \

How did OLTL work in RTCW? That seemed to work fine?

(rookie1) #20

[QUOTE=Exedore;526791]Interesting ideas, and keep at it. Something that’s worth keeping in VIP-mind, though… those sort of things make it harder to make and balance maps, which is an huge issue that we’ve had during the course of DB and the biggest reason why we don’t have more of them.

Don’t mean that suggest that it rules things out, it’s more that there’s a cost and benefit evaluation that has to be run over everything.[/QUOTE]
Imo in small city maps there is not millions of things we can do to make gameplay/maps special. If you could make/try just once what that post suggest I’m pretty confident you will notice it in the positive feedbacks following it
ps I don’t mind if the post could be transfer in the VIP forum