Fragger nade in combination with Explodydendron

(fubar) #1

Extensive testing. (Read: 2 idiots sitting on a server nading each other for hours) Found that using Explodydendron tends to “bug” the grenades very frequently. 1 out of 3 grenades will either not explode at all, explode but deal absolutely no damages to their surroundings (often replicated if the player is standing ONTOP of the grenade) or explode immediately after 1 tick of cooking it in your hands.
This seems to be related with the Explodydendron augment. Using a k121 card instead doesn’t produce this bug often if at all.

Also, in both cases. Turret sentries and Healing stations tend to block any splash damage from reaching a player, ever. Is this an intended feature or bug?

[QUOTE=fubar;526302]Extensive testing. (Read: 2 idiots sitting on a server nading each other for hours) Found that using Explodydendron tends to “bug” the grenades very frequently. 1 out of 3 grenades will either not explode at all, explode but deal absolutely no damages to their surroundings (often replicated if the player is standing ONTOP of the grenade) or explode immediately after 1 tick of cooking it in your hands.
This seems to be related with the Explodydendron augment. Using a k121 card instead doesn’t produce this bug often if at all.

Also, in both cases. Turret sentries and Healing stations tend to block any splash damage from reaching a player, ever. Is this an intended feature or bug?[/QUOTE]

Nice find! Good job!

(Ashog) #3

I can’t confirm the nades exploding in hands after 1st priming tick (if I understood it correctly). Never happened to me with explodydendron.

Can’t say anything about the blast damage and standing on top of nade though. Might be true.

P.s. Regarding 1-tick thing, once in ETQW times I had a very nasty thing with my mouse left-click button slowly dying. Took me some time to realize why nades started randomly failing. This was more obvious when using continuous mouse click, e.g. when repairing obj to check if it randomly cancels the action. It’s probably not it anyways, but who knows, might be worth checking.