Terminal walljump

(Rémy Cabresin) #1

Assuming the map was changed (van/car replaced by couple boxes) to stop people from walljumping the wall. Which is did for about 75%, this other way to jump the wall is still possible though so far it seems this one is only doable with the faster mercs (proxy, aura, vassili worked so far). Slower mercs can’t reach high enough after the first jump, though I challenge people to try with slower mercs I bet it’s possible but I’m not the best trickjumper in the world ^^.

gif for reference

(BomBaKlaK) #2

This map is absolutely broken and to small …

Its the classic Siwa Oasis walljump. Its called trickjumping, and is supposed to be hard / a skill you need hours to practice.

(INF3RN0) #4

You can still do that jump on the right side wall.

(Rémy Cabresin) #5

Thanks for this enlightenment sherlock.

(poiuasd) #6

Then there’s the window jump that can be done with every merc but everyone probably knows that already.

(Humbugsen) #7

Please! just leave it and give us selectable spawns

is it currently possible to win this map without blowing the wall?^^

(Glottis-3D) #8

sadly - no

(yakcyll) #9

Hardly sadly, there’s no way for defenders to cross the wall while the attackers even remotely control the jumping path. I’d also rather they didn’t lock objectives like this, but without selectable spawns and open paths between them for defenders I don’t see it happening.

(chickenNwaffles) #10

I like the window jump better. It’s faster, safer, and easier.

(Rémy Cabresin) #11

Yea so do I, I didn’t mean this post as stop the trickjump but more why the change of removing the car/van when the jump is still there. It hasnt changed the map besides making that jump a little bit harder.

(Glottis-3D) #12

there was a version of this map, where both team had access to the wall-2nd floor. from the begining. (a van stood right under the left window)
and map played very nicely. but afair it was in conflict with map storyline (why blow door in you have access??) and they removed it.
but thats another story.

my personal opinion is that map is going to change sooner or later. mostly because it was made before walljump-update. and more importantly it has a huge chokepoint for attackers, which has to go anyway.

(Violator) #13

[QUOTE=Glottis-3D;527754]there was a version of this map, where both team had access to the wall-2nd floor. from the begining. (a van stood right under the left window)
and map played very nicely. but afair it was in conflict with map storyline (why blow door in you have access??) and they removed it.
but thats another story.
[/QUOTE]

That was a nightmare - defense all legged it up to the high ground and it was next to impossible to break through.

(DarkangelUK) #14

You’ve been able to jump that wall since forever and SD know about it, by the fact it’s never been adjusted in a couple years suggest SD don’t care if you can or not? Who knows.