Disabling the deathcam lasershow

(Rémy Cabresin) #1

When you die, you get this laser show that indicates things like killing bullet trajectory, enemy location, enemy health, enemy merc/loadout card etc. Which most will feel is useful information, however as a veteran from competitive gaming(and I assume many others here might feel the same) that information I already gain with map awareness and game sense. So to me the this ‘lasershow’ really felt more like it was just an annoying feature I didn’t need so decided to disable it, and found that it makes the game feel just that little bit less cluttered hud-wise and I really like it.

These are the commands, it’s in the ‘ShooterGame.ini’ file.
m_bEnablePawnGhostSystem=False (false is removing them, true is showing them)
m_bShowDeathInfo=False

This could be a feature added to the Game Settings menu with simple toggle on/off for the (maybe few) people like me who don’t really feel like having that feature or feel it just clutters the hud at death and rather have a clear deathcam. So I hope the devs will make this (shouldn’t be too hard of an addition I assume) and if not I hope they will allow the command to stay changeable in the files(pretty pleaaase). It doesn’t hurt anyone :stuck_out_tongue:

Now to the buggy part, I’ve found these commands twice in the ShooterGame.ini, and changed it to False in all cmd lines. In-game it’s mostly not showing, but every now and then it randomly shows partial ‘pawnghosts’, for example only showing the loadout card & player level but not the health and lasurs. Are there other commands related to this PawnGhostSystem/Deathinfo that need to be turned to False for it to be completely disabled or is this a bug?

Anyway, clear deathcam makes me happy :slight_smile:

Thanks for reply in advance devs, and you’re welcome to anyone who also feels like disabling these lasurshows.

edit: I found an old forum post from 2013: http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/34453-Lasermodels-Killcam-disable there are some commands in replies there but those seem to be removed from the current .ini’s. Some old code ninja-ing around in the game thats causing the partial drawing of ghosts?

(Szakalot) #2

+1 for toggling.

Its a real neat feature once in a while, but by now i dont even notice it anymore; and usually look around to see if a medic is nearby.

I’d also rather prefer the camera to be fixed to the incapacitated body, rather than he lazershow. Esp. confusing if your character dies on stairs etc., your body will drop 10 metres down, out of view.

(Runeforce) #3

It definitely should be disabled after you get gibbed and spec you teammates.