Ammo packs only giving fixed max ammo.

(Szakalot) #1

Not sure if its a bug or a design decision but can we have contextual ammo packs like in ETQW?

Fragger with 55/55 ammo will get another pack to 55/110

Fragger wtih 30/55 ammo will get another pack to 30/110. After reloading fragger will have 55/85, and needs another ammo pack to go to 55/110.

I find this very frustrating both as an ammo giver and receiver.

Can we have ammo packs that in 30/55 situation will bring fragger up to 30/135?

Also: why ammo packs from people give less max ammo than ammo stations?

(Mustang) #2

That was really confusing to read.

I think essentially you’re asking that: max ammo = ammo in weapon + ammo not in weapon

Instead of the current situation where: max ammo = ammo not in weapon

This change would make sense to me, I knew something didn’t feel quite right, but wasn’t sure exactly what is was.

I also noticed ammo stations allow for a higher max ammo, no idea why, doesn’t make sense to me either.

(Smooth) #3

This is intentional otherwise someone who’s fired another round (without reloading) will use up another pack because they’re no-longer at ‘max’.

It also means that players are running around with totally full ammo less often, slightly increasing the need for ammo-givers.

Pro tip: reload before picking up a pack.

(Smooth) #4

That’s a bug, ammo-stations and ammo-caches are behaving a little oddly when it comes to max-ammo.

(Szakalot) #5

are they giving more ammo then intended, or will ammo packs be brought to their level?

(DB Genome editor) #6

As far as I can tell this bugis still there, so I’m guessing the ammo dispensers will eventually be brought down.