So much rage, I am expecting to get banned...

(PixelTwitch) #1

EDIT: A few people have asked me via steam and teamspeak why I do not mention the loadout cards. My response is simple… Once all I have to complain about is the loadout cards I will be happy. Right now they are such a small problem in the grand scheme of things.

(DarkangelUK) #2

Maybe you need to step away from the game if you’re getting so ‘emotional’

(Amerika) #3

You talk about lack of class depth but could you explain your idea of class depth that you want to see? I am an old school Q3/wolf/ET/SoF2/UrT and the games current shooting mechanics are exactly what I want. I have the feeling that what you want to see is Team Fortress 2 but with a lot more characters. Possibly something like Overwatch. But I don’t know what you actually want so I’m asking.

Having articulated points that clearly defines what you want to see while also understanding that this is a free2play game where they are going to need to hold back some content to consistently release (and get sales from) would be nice to hear. Logic beats rage every time.

I do agree that the handling of the advertising and the F2P design choices have been highly highly questionable. It seems like so few know or care about this game right now that it might end up being released and mostly forgotten.

(Chux) #4

Why do you expect so much hate ? Everything said is more or less the way things are atm. The fact is I enjoyed the gameplay more 2 years ago when I got into DB compared to now. More versatile objectives, balance was better overall. Being a ET guy myself from back in the day and a fan of SD stuff during the years, I still don’t expect DB to be a clone of any of the games before it and it should have its own thing going (with some influence of course from the games of the past). But I’ve also played enough of those and other games both in competition and casual to know what stuff works and what does not. And atm, DB is a no go on a lot of points raised, some of them very old issues. I know people will say its still beta and the comp scene is not a priority right now, but it was also said that SD want the game to play on pubs just the way it would work in a competition format and I’m just not seeing it right now. A fair number of players, who have seen their fair share of games and know what they are talking about, with good suggestions and intentions to steer the development in the right way just get ignored. Makes me sad just thinking about how many more already gave up trying and left for good.

(Shanks) #5

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;525658]https://soundcloud.com/jamie-gardner-27/dirty-bomb-how-i-feel

EDIT: A few people have asked me via steam and teamspeak why I do not mention the loadout cards. My response is simple… Once all I have to complain about is the loadout cards I will be happy. Right now they are such a small problem in the grand scheme of things.[/QUOTE]

No hate incoming when most people feel the exact same way.As somebody who had played RtCW since the very first mp test I can say that this game is terrible and does not represent the gameplay that it so desperately wants to be.
It’s hilarious that a team based objective game can be won by any class.

(spookify) #6

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;525658]https://soundcloud.com/jamie-gardner-27/dirty-bomb-how-i-feel

EDIT: A few people have asked me via steam and teamspeak why I do not mention the loadout cards. My response is simple… Once all I have to complain about is the loadout cards I will be happy. Right now they are such a small problem in the grand scheme of things.[/QUOTE]

There is sooo much work left to do yet in this game… I have been active in this game for 2.5 years now and its been crazy to see the game evolve. I have had a narrow focus because I personally did want a RTCW or ET game with a mix of LOL and Ranked MM. I can only imagine what this game will look like in 1 year from now. I can imagine a lot of the major components will be in the game and some of those components we have no idea about.

I have learned to step back and look at the big picture. SD is a smaller studio then say a Blizzard whom also has a game in Overwatch coming out in 2016? Or is Beta 2016? Can we do some research to see how long Blizzard has been working on that game vs SD working on DB?

Personally I have also taking many steps in being a better more patient person. I was and sort of still am a LETS BUFF SAW BONEZ type person! And who knows that might actually happen but I might actually need to test and prove it rather then just say it. Then if I prove it, it might take “months” and I meant months to implement.

I still (deep down) believe that this game is shaped by games. We might loss focus or feel we are repeating ourselves 10,000’s times because even though our ideas are awesome and the Dev’s might agree; they still need to put it into the game and again that might take months… Even “little” things…

//youtu.be/uIbXvaE39wM

(Nail) #7

but Spook, he has a twitch.tv

You got burned from the hype. That sucks. Been there.

Survival guide / Where to go from here:

1. Protection: Ignore all hype.

2. Perspective: See DB for what it is, and not for its hype/promises/wants to be

3. Future: When burned, heal/leave. (Can always come back when healed, and with a new perspective)

To me its obvious you need a a small or big break from DB.

After a break you might successfully enjoy it for what what worth it has / for what it is, even if it has flaws and slow development.

Ty for your input as usual.

(Glottis-3D) #10

Pixel, i feel for you man.
i raged the way you raged, mate. it was back in the 2013, when Obects gone classless, when maps started to get chopped, when nades gone to fragger, when spread of weapons got worst. And when community got split in half with region blocks.

But i somehow managed to suppress my rage with time.

(NeroKirbus) #11

The only thing that makes me rage a bit is the less amount of communication between the players and the devs. I always love to hear their input on their ideas and see if we can expect something to make it in the game, however, I assume this lack of communication is due to implementing bigger features and getting ready for the open beta.

(kyuto9) #12

I feel Pixel so much. I’m thinking about leaving the playtest aside for a while and only consult forums frequently to keep informed about the changes.

I can’t enjoy DB anymore. I’m forcing myself to play it for the last 2 weeks only to compare what is told on forum and what it’s actually refering to in-game.
Mercs, level design, “class” system, teamplay… it’s all looking so poor so far. I feel like DB today is what they should have brought us 2 years ago in order to START the beta test. And what if there is one more beta test year?
Back on W:ET I could not wait to be “tomorrow” to play it again, even tho it wasn’t perfect. Today with DB it feels like prison sentence as so said “significant” changes take so long to come. I just want Splashdamage to take more risks. They could open different tests servers with different cvars, or gameplay tweaks, na? In order to let us try several set up and settings. As it makes actuality, it could be for example : servers with fragger nerfed and server with current fragger (still to me it’s a detail, so not good example, but you got the test servers idea). They could make polls/surveys to move on important things and give up on details for later.
I dunno perhaps the f2p thingy is what makes the biggest difference comparing to previous Splashdamage productions. And some of us don’t get it. Accepting the game for what it is? I get that. Problem is i don’t get what the game is and i don’t think devs do neither…

(Zenity) #13

One thing I’ve learned from previous games under development: When you get burned out, take a break. Find something else to get passionate about, then check back in a few months or so whenever you feel like it, and you might actually be excited again about the progress (or not, and then you’d be glad not to have spent all this time on it). If you try to watch the kettle boil, it will only seem worse than it is.

I strongly believe that things will become a hundred times more interesting once the game goes open beta, and we have the tools for proper competitive play. But the game isn’t there yet, and if I would feel jaded right now, I would take a timeout until it is (or I feel the urge to play again).

(rookie1) #14

Wished DB was going to be a Killer game but has the mold was hardering I realized it was late for Big Changes.
Unless someone stand up with the real intention to Steer in a more sucessfull direction …It will stay in the generic side nothing very special with a F2p tag stick to it .
Hey some people like it …good for them .
When I still see Hope I fight …Now I dont have Hope and realize the game is not for me ,so I seat back and watch …

(BomBaKlaK) #15

I’m almost done on this game to … I really hate the maps from all my heart !
I find GTA V as a good game to play with my mates, waiting for a real maps improvement, and less crash (cause actually I can’t play more than a half map …)

I loled so hard about the private server password bug …

(ToonBE) #16

I feel you Pixel! I actually uninstalled the game… I havnt played in a couple of weeks… The main reason for the uninstall was the poor optimization and constant crashes, but if the game was really fun I would’ve kept playing… I agree with what you r saying here. Maybe it can shake some stuff around!

(Humbugsen) #17

I think they focus too much on bugfixing and getting the game ready for release. Probably Nexons influence.
I can live with bugs as long as i know it will be a good game when they’re fixed.
New features will bring new bugs anyway and they will need to start over again.
Release all features and focus on bugfixing after.
I prefer playing a good game with bugs over a game without bugs that is not enjoyable.
Friendly fire for example… just because there are some trolls and they can go mad, we can’t play the game like intended? (and there is even a kickvote already…)
Or a map tool, the sooner this is released, the earlier you will have awesome community maps and a community to start with

(INF3RN0) #18

We’ve got 20 some mercs that have already been developed, so I hope they focus their attention on other things before getting too carried away on that front. Once all the stuff that’s planned to be completed before OBT is finished I’d love to see some of the things we’ve discussed on here prototyped; ie synergies, counter abilities, more unique merc/obj mechanics, etc. I think an SDK could help get maps on the right track, even if they aren’t an official part of the game and are more of a large scale focus test to figure out what things work best. I can hold out as long as at least some of these things will be in the near future of DB, as long as I don’t find another game that manages to retain my interest.

(Hundopercent) #19

[QUOTE=spookify;525691]There is sooo much work left to do yet in this game… I have been active in this game for 2.5 years now and its been crazy to see the game evolve. I have had a narrow focus because I personally did want a RTCW or ET game with a mix of LOL and Ranked MM. I can only imagine what this game will look like in 1 year from now. I can imagine a lot of the major components will be in the game and some of those components we have no idea about.

I have learned to step back and look at the big picture. SD is a smaller studio then say a Blizzard whom also has a game in Overwatch coming out in 2016? Or is Beta 2016? Can we do some research to see how long Blizzard has been working on that game vs SD working on DB?

Personally I have also taking many steps in being a better more patient person. I was and sort of still am a LETS BUFF SAW BONEZ type person! And who knows that might actually happen but I might actually need to test and prove it rather then just say it. Then if I prove it, it might take “months” and I meant months to implement.

I still (deep down) believe that this game is shaped by games. We might loss focus or feel we are repeating ourselves 10,000’s times because even though our ideas are awesome and the Dev’s might agree; they still need to put it into the game and again that might take months… Even “little” things…

//youtu.be/uIbXvaE39wM
[/QUOTE]

You sound like me…about 2 years ago. There hasn’t been any major changes since then why would there be now or next year when they are rushing obt for $$$ before the game is forgotten.

(BrightIs) #20

Don’t think I’ve played this game in a year and not really interested in playing it again.

I liked being a part of alpha and the opportunity to help SD, it was good to see how a game gets developed, but I was hoping an ET style game and the fact that anyone can do objectives removes it from that category.

The feel of the game was a lot different to ET as well.