Map Preference Poll - v44891

(Smooth) #1

With the latest release and you having had a chance to play, we’d like to know which of the recent live maps are your favourites :slight_smile:

Now including Dome!

(Glottis-3D) #2

voted for Dome, Trainyard, Chapel

(PixelTwitch) #3

10 chars + + +

(titan) #4

Would vote for bridge if not for last objective #bringbackalt

(spookify) #5

Are you talking in general? (OR) SW? or OBJ? Because the maps play different.

Underground
OBJ Mode - Cluster!!! Can go both ways depending on Team Stacking.
SW - I have to say I like the Changes a little. The Progress still seems a little off because you blow up a pillar and then spawn forward; only to spawn forward again after a little time has passed. Same with defending, they don’t spawn in their final spawn and jump around…

Dome
OBJ Mode - Never Saw the Second or third Stage in 10 Games… All Defense…
SW - Long… IMO only 2 Stages Needed.
*No Stage 3
*Blow Both Radars Stage 2
*Slightly more progression first stage with a double wall blow and crazy hard trick jump.
*I like the pumps for the doors but maybe relocated Closer to the door?
*Re-Cap Spawn in Pit
*No Stairs in pit! (Wall jump Blocks) (This will also help with Bullet deflection)
*Perma Blow Wallz to access pumps.

Trainyard
OBJ Mode - Cluster last stage. Defense very much in favor!!!
SW - Defense still in favor and “very easy” to spawn camp. Second OBJ muhhh… Last Obj I dislike. Still no progression. Why are you delivering a data core INTO the enemy spawn! Why is that helicopter picking up literally right out side the enemy spawn! If I was the helicopter pilot I would be like im not landing there…

Terminal
OBJ Mode - Cluster!!! Find it very hard to make people in OBJ mode play the OBJ on this map. Huge TDM feel. Spawn very close and easy to guard. Last stage is Defense friendly. Mines, spam, turrets… Again all depends on team stacking but Defense should hold it.
SW - Stage one and two feel good in SW. If you can get in with a good team you can get some epic spawn kills! Very FUN!!!

• Still do not like the Random Spawns… Attacker spawn inback of the blowing wall and then magically infront of it after time… Please stop with the random spawn points. This is SW!

Whitechapel
OBJ Mode - CLUSTER!
SW - Getting really good at spawn camping on Defense first stage in pubs and last stage is nade, arty and Skyhammer to win…

SW mode has such a better feel then OBJ mode. It feels more organized, skillful, comp like and satisfying.
I still think OBJ mode needs to be more of a balanced game mode like BF has or a COD type mode like Hard Point or a combination of all of them.

***Other Testers please also give feedback with the different modes in mind. The maps play sooo much different.

Conclusion:
Maps are lacking progression
Random Spawn Points and Movement over time is a big problem
Lack of Creative and fun objectives and side Objectives. (Why no Forward Spawns?) OR THESE!!!
Small narrow paths and kill zones
There’s no really clock management needed
Killing is key and not really teamwork

(matsy) #6

Have you thought about putting an in game vote for the next map, or your rating of said map? Much like how it work in GTA online? Would get a better sense of what people are leaning towards wanting to play, and then you could match this up with other data to see what mercs they use etc? As I’m sure not everyone who plays is on the forums…

(Runeforce) #7

They are all my favorites! But if I had to choose, I would go with maps made with advanced movement in mind, like Dome. And about Dome, I especially like how each side has multiple aproaches to an objective (and multiple aproaches to ‘pick-your-objective.’) Off my hip, I would say Dome is one of the best maps you guys ever designed. Keep more of it comming!

(Mustang) #8

Stop making optimisation passes to Bridge and spend the time fixing Bridge-Alt instead.

(titan) #9

pleaseeeeeeeeeeee it’s so nearly an actually good map

(PixelTwitch) #10

This feedback thread comes too soon after the release of dome. Give it a few weeks - a month and the opinion will drastically change. We all get sucked into liking stuff that’s new and fresh (or totally hating it) but its almost always at either extreme.

I think if you just look at how often it was not voted for in game, that would be a better representation.

(Glottis-3D) #11

release the vote-statistics plz!

(Szakalot) #12

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;525723]This feedback thread comes too soon after the release of dome. Give it a few weeks - a month and the opinion will drastically change. We all get sucked into liking stuff that’s new and fresh (or totally hating it) but its almost always at either extreme.

I think if you just look at how often it was not voted for in game, that would be a better representation.[/QUOTE]

disagree with this analysis:

a) most people voting here played dome in many of its iterations. Not THAT much has changed since, 1st obj almost exclusively, and its def. an improvement over the last delivery
b) people in game are more likely to be from march onwards. These people prefer maps with textures, both for immersion and orientation. Most of the complaints i hear is that its ‘confusing’. A map this big, without textures can indeed be confusing if you haven’t played previous versions. Also, for them the ‘new’ map isn’t as fresh, cause most maps didnt get quite as repetitive as for us

(Chux) #13

I keep changing my opinions on certain maps over time with some of the changes. And I hate the fact that the carry obj is slowly being forced to every map. Just makes it boring as hell. It has been said before, current objectives are dull, needs more variation because its all the same on almost all the maps. We need hacking and capping objectives back to add some diversity. As well as more forward spawn options to move the attackers closer to the action.

Right now, Terminal and Underground seem to be the best ones (in my opinion at least). Though I think side objectives shouldn’t be in a back and forth format. Once the attackers break through, a side route should stay permanently open. Granted the defenders still need to have the ability to defend the position and defuse for example if it’s a plant side obj.

(PixelTwitch) #14

[QUOTE=Szakalot;525747]disagree with this analysis:

a) most people voting here played dome in many of its iterations. Not THAT much has changed since, 1st obj almost exclusively, and its def. an improvement over the last delivery
b) people in game are more likely to be from march onwards. These people prefer maps with textures, both for immersion and orientation. Most of the complaints i hear is that its ‘confusing’. A map this big, without textures can indeed be confusing if you haven’t played previous versions. Also, for them the ‘new’ map isn’t as fresh, cause most maps didnt get quite as repetitive as for us[/QUOTE]

lol disagree all you want, I am right…

I am sure we will have some sort of metric in the near future that will prove it also.
Once people realise how broken by design it is and also get over the shiny newness opinions will change.

People just attach themselves to certain ideas and even if they believe they are voting on what they believe its not true. A great example is terminal having more votes than chapel. However, in game I am pretty sure that chapel wins the map vote much more frequently. but hey, what the **** do I know…

(spookify) #15

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;525784]lol disagree all you want, I am right…

I am sure we will have some sort of metric in the near future that will prove it also.
Once people realise how broken by design it is and also get over the shiny newness opinions will change.[/QUOTE]

I agree with pix. Once the hype has passed people will see the true dome.

Dome is already being passed on the vote maps. People really dont want to be full held first stage for 15 minutes.

I have played the maps around 20 times and only twice have we got past the first objective. For some reason I have also been on defense again but I think that is just dumb luck.

All in all people are getting tired of:
Random Spawn Placement
Narrow Maps and Specifically Narrow Parts of those Maps
Only Seemingly TWO Objectives: C4 or Data Cores (Boring)

Side Note: Collisions and FF (Explain)

Maybe SD should look into a more advanced MM Que for Pubs.

Example:
SW Beginner (Collisions and FF “OFF”) (6v6 and 7v7 SW)
&
SW Advanced (Collisions and FF “ON”) (5v5 and 6v6 SW)

In ET and RTCW people knew which servers to pub in. They knew those servers had the better players in them.Post Here

You already have the below level 6 servers… So nothing really stopping you other then all the work that goes into it :wink:

(Szakalot) #16

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;525784]lol disagree all you want, I am right…

Once people realise how broken by design it is and also get over the shiny newness opinions will change.

People just attach themselves to certain ideas and even if they believe they are voting on what they believe its not true. A great example is terminal having more votes than chapel. However, in game I am pretty sure that chapel wins the map vote much more frequently. but hey, what the **** do I know…[/QUOTE]

There are two issues here:

• how fun map is to fight in as a TDM arena
  • how fun map is as an objective-based SW game.

Terminal 1st phase is def. very fun to fight in. Lots of angles and verticality.
Same with Dome, lots and lots of very fun areas to fight in - catwalk with the mg, the building on the other side with the generator; 2nd obj constructible ramp area, etc. etc.

Just because you rage cause of map being broken for SW doesn’t mean its not fun to fight around in : )

(Mustang) #17

Voted for Dome, now if other people would just vote for it in-game some more so I can play my favourite map please.

(BomBaKlaK) #18

Terminal 1rst obj … a real nightmare … I can’t understand the votes for this map!

(Szakalot) #19

its fun to fight in, just heavily def biased for 5v5

(BioSnark) #20

Dome was 2nd on the last poll. Funny how that happens. I’m completely unsurprised that one of the only maps that allows for player agency is heavily favored on this forum, regardless of its flaws.