A Wild Nader Appears...

(PixelTwitch) #1

//youtu.be/r28Ogs41GG0

Just a quick thing I would like to mention…
Nades now bounce of enemies at very close ranges, I have a feeling this is going to cause a slight feeling of inconsistency that could be negated by doing 30-40 damage on a direct hit from the nade (excluding explosive damage). So as a minimum you at least do some damage.

(tokamak) #2

Nader should have lots of Suits references.

(prophett) #3

“Unless you’re looking to make me breakfast tomorrow, I think we’re done”
- Specter

(titan) #4

hypee nader should be fun!

(LiNkzr) #5

These videos are well done, excited to see her in game ! inb4 75k credits and 15 euros to buy :stroggtapir:

(Smooth) #6

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;525580]Just a quick thing I would like to mention…
Nades now bounce of enemies at very close ranges, I have a feeling this is going to cause a slight feeling of inconsistency that could be negated by doing 30-40 damage on a direct hit from the nade (excluding explosive damage). So as a minimum you at least do some damage.[/QUOTE]

We’ve actually gone with 15 damage to start with :slight_smile:

Both the physical hit and the explosive damage will be dealt to directly-hit enemies if they are at any sort of distance from Nader.

(Glottis-3D) #7

[QUOTE=Smooth;525598]We’ve actually gone with 15 damage to start with :slight_smile:

Both the direct hit and the explosive damage will be dealt to struck enemies if they are at any sort of range.[/QUOTE]

so there is no sense in direct hit nades anymore?

(PixelTwitch) #8

[QUOTE=Smooth;525598]We’ve actually gone with 15 damage to start with :slight_smile:

Both the direct hit and the explosive damage will be dealt to struck enemies if they are at any sort of range.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good :slight_smile:

(Smooth) #9

Updated my wording, direct hits are still useful!

(Glottis-3D) #10

got it!
sounds nice

(neg0ne) #11

any words on when and how much ?

(Rex) #12

I hope she (<3) will be affordable.

(Amerika) #13

Ugh. Not looking forward to this. All I can think about is randomly dying to multiple Nader’s spamming everywhere and getting lucky while running up to suicide bomb people just wasn’t fun for me for the limited time I played against it. Perhaps it will be better this time though. Trying to keep a “glass is half full” mentality but having issues with that. Few people enjoy dying to pure randomness or suicide players.

(Humbugsen) #14

same.
especially because there is no FF, she can just spam her stuff everywhere without any risk. And it even refills over time…
some classes are team oriented but others are not…

(DarkangelUK) #15

This mirrors my sentiment. I also think that if Nader has spent all her nades then dies, she shouldn’t be able to use martyrdom (IMO)

(PixelTwitch) #16

lol your talking about guys that designed Fraggers nades. Its going to be every bit as frustrating as you can imagine :smiley:

(Amerika) #17

A simple fix like removing the ability to switch weapons while cooking and possibly decreasing AoE damage to players (but keep the damage for turrets/stations) would easily fix Fraggers nades without killing the class. Nader is a whole other discussion. I hope they put a delay on martyrdom, make the corpse show up like a mine and decrease the amount of nades the class can shoot and make her rely more on gunplay.

(LCTR) #18

Tbh I’m not a big fan of the Martyrdom mechanic - was the single most hated perk in CoD4 and was banned from many servers :smiley:

Any word on Pricing? I hear a lot of chatter about people not being comfortable with the pricing of recent Mercs into the game…

(Mustang) #19

The thing with Martyrdom in CoD is you have no idea who does or doesn’t have it, in DB you know the instant you see a Nader that she has it and can decide to approach the situation differently should you wish, also even if you do kill her in fairly close range in most cases you have enough time to escape with your life, if balanced correctly it should always feel like it was you that screwed up if you die to a Martyrdom, which again was completely different to CoD where it always felt completely cheap and unexpected.

(Violator) #20

I don’t have an issue with martyrdom - its quite rare to get a kill from or be killed by it. Usually kills are due to players trying to gib which has a nice risk/reward aspect to it as there is a fair amount of warning that its going to go off.