Unable to input private password

(potty200) #1

Been given the private servers for the cup tomorrow but there is no way to input the password.

1. Is there a console command that we can use for a temporary fix?

2. Is this going to be the second postponement I am going to have to announce again, if so this will likely be the last attempt I make.

3. Is there a hidden option I cannot see people? Of does it just say “joining server” and takes you back to the server browser list?

Would be massively disappointing given the effort I have put in once again to do this. Team have also been praccing their balls off to prepare and it would just be shocking for the competitive side of DB as we haven’t had much to cheer about since the relaunch.

(LiNkzr) #2

developers plz

(syku1) #3

This NEEDS to be fixed FAST
RED ALERT THIS IS AN EMERGENCY! PLEASE SEND HELP ASAP. THERE IS NOT A LOT OF TIME LEFT, WE ARE CLOSE TO THE END.

(Nail) #4

did you PM shoe ?

(potty200) #5

I have left a message on his skype. If there is no fix in console I am 100% sure this will be called off… again :frowning:

(LiNkzr) #6

Well I hope it’s not too hard to fix and devs will be able to deliver.

(fubar) #7

Also what’s up with the 6 US servers, are we really supposed to play on those? :S

Edit: according to adeto you input the password on console and it’ll work.

(potty200) #8

I will give it until about 10pm local time to be to get it sorted otherwise it will be called off. I have emailed nexon people tried contacting toomic and shoe via steam and skype but nothing.

I understand people need to know what is going on asap which is why I will call it off tonight rather than tomorrow. I know I will get a tonne of stick for it, again, but this will be my last bit of effort/input into getting something going for a long time.

Sorry :-/

(Rémy Cabresin) #9

[QUOTE=potty200;525310]I will give it until about 10pm local time to be to get it sorted otherwise it will be called off. I have emailed nexon people tried contacting toomic and shoe via steam and skype but nothing.

I understand people need to know what is going on asap which is why I will call it off tonight rather than tomorrow. I know I will get a tonne of stick for it, again, but this will be my last bit of effort/input into getting something going for a long time.

Sorry :-/[/QUOTE]

Last time(with the cup and the drafts) we had simple connect [ip] ;password [xxx] commands, would that still be possible? Getting the IPs is probably easier on short term than a insert password popup or w/e

(potty200) #10

Never had those commands as far as I am aware with DB. There was always a part of the interface that let you input the info. I have never had any IPs before, I know that much.

(Rémy Cabresin) #11

mmm might have it confused that, dunno why I remember having connected with ips :stuck_out_tongue: but yea still, if its possible thats probably an easier solution than the whole password entry thing

(potty200) #12

Question has been put out to every possible contact I have right now. I will not give people false hope by dragging this out overnight. Either we get a fix or work around tonight or it is off. I am sure everyone would like to get plans if this isn’t going ahead rather than wait and be let down the last minute :frowning:

(Rémy Cabresin) #13

If it doesn’t happen, send all the captains a quick msg to still come evaczone ts or smtn, get everyone to arrange set map queuing or something. As an alternative i guess. ‘its something’ :stuck_out_tongue:

(LiNkzr) #14

rather wait out that everything is 100% ready and do new tourney then.

(potty200) #15

It will only get messy. Also not being able to spectate or really choose the maps you want to play and getting dumped onto a US west server randomly. I just cannot see that happening or being logistically possible to do. Would just be a waste of time for everyone involved.

(potty200) #16

The reason I am doing this now is because once the game is “released” you will have big leagues to play. This was just something for those who don’t want to match make and wait 30mins for a game ect.

(LiNkzr) #17

Yeah I see, I see, but I mean if we still manage to do a tourney while being in closed beta it would be nice :slight_smile:

(dommafia) #18

how was this even overlooked? jesus.

(potty200) #19

Private servers were only set up late last night. I tried to get on one today to test out a few admin commands to see it is impossible to connect. I would of thought i’d of been given a heads up that this part of the UI in main menu was removed. Seems I am the one to put in the time and break the bad news to everyone myself :S

(dommafia) #20

I mean on their end. How could they not see/know that you wont be able to join the servers.