Server browser issues

(Violator) #1

Some feedback / issues for the server browser.

1. The filters reset back to all off between matches. It should remember previous settings and default to exclude empty / full servers on start.
  2. The ping column randomly stops displaying server ping, displaying -'s instead. This stops the ping filters working. Seems to stay that way until you quit the game and restart.
  3. The server order randomly shuffles about. This leads to you joining the wrong server a lot of the time as you will double click a server as the order changes. The order should only change if you hit ‘refresh’ or change any of the filters / click the sortable grid column headers.

(KeMoN) #2

I’m bumping this thread, because #3 is quite annoying and has been bugging me already in the W:ET server list.
Would it be possible to add the newly found servers at the bottom of the list so if I see a server it doesn’t bunny-hop around so I can’t click it or misclick another.
I realize this will lead to more scrolling in the server browser, but it is definitely less frustrating than it is now.

Regards

(Szakalot) #3

imo most importantly: can we have a ‘stop searching’ button. If i find 15 servers I like; chances are, I’m not interested in the remaining 500 to load

(KeMoN) #4

They won’t bother you anyway if they are directly put on the bottom of your list.

(Szakalot) #5

but then you can’t sort them by anything. just a random list of servers

(KeMoN) #6

You are right that sorting the colums would be a problem, but you can still filter the servers at the top.
But the “Stop refresh” option you requested would simplify that. It could simply replace the “Refresh” button once it has been clicked.

Another issue: I’m higher than level 5 but the “Max level 5” servers still show up in the browser. But I suppose this has already been reported multiple times.