Adjust the volume when players are supposed to relax.

(Runeforce) #1

So I got some new headphones the other day, that just takes the sound to a whole other level, then the old crummy setup I was using. I thought the game already sounded good, but having high fidelity and a full range just makes it sound amazing. Good job!
But with it, I discovered a problem I always overlooked;
You know how it is, you are fully concentrated when engaged in the action, but as soon as that health drops to zero, you just zone out and relax, to prepare for the next sprint…
But when you are supposed to be relaxing, the sound just becomes too loud and really stressfull. It deprives from the break. The action should fade out* and the (relaxing parts of the) ambiance should come forward.
*To like 35% of the original when fully gibbed. It also makes a slight difference to your engagement whether you are just downed or fully gibbed.

(fubar) #2

No. Absolutely not. When I’m gibbed or dead I’m still listening to sounds, footsteps anything that can give me or my team an advantage. This is a ridiculous suggestion.
Speaking of sounds, positional sound is way off in this game, footsteps could be set a tick higher too, are there any plans for such?

(riptide) #3

[QUOTE=fubar;525087]
Speaking of sounds, positional sound is way off in this game, footsteps could be set a tick higher too, are there any plans for such?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it’s possibly the worst positional sound in any game I’ve played in the past 20 years. It’s imperative that sound is accurate and consistent in a competitive game.

(ragnak) #4

Good to see that im not the only one thinking that this game audio isnt even in “indie” sector yet. Audio volumes all over the place, horrible positional audio, silencer on mg and so freaking more.

(poiuasd) #5

[QUOTE=fubar;525087]
Speaking of sounds, positional sound is way off in this game, footsteps could be set a tick higher too, are there any plans for such?[/QUOTE]
Making informative sounds louder would render the Big Ears augment completely useless. Personally I’m not having any issues tracking people according to the sounds they make.