Ideas for synergies between Merc abilities...

(tangoliber) #1
  1. When destroyed, Aura’s health station stuns/jams the guns of people who are within the magic circle…on either team. When your gun is jammed, you need to reload to reset it.

While this would usually be used to hurt the team that deployed the health station, it could also be used as an asset.
If Proxy places a mine, and Aura places a health station next to it, it would create a more effect. The mine would trigger the health station stun effect, so the enemy both takes damage and also must reload.

1. Ammo packs cause bigger explosions when triggered by mines or grenades. You might use this to create more effective traps. (Arty places ammo packs by Proxy mines…or he might place them in chokepoints where Fragger plans to throw grenades.)
    Multiple Arty or Skyhammer players might create a trail of ammo packs in order to cover a lot of territory in one big explosion.
    Furthermore, if you leave ammo packs carelessly in the middle of big groups, an enemy Fragger or Nader might use that against you.

Any other ideas?

Here is a weird one. Might be too goofy:

1. Throw a med pack at Phantom in mid-air, and he can cut it into two health packs. If a Sawbonez and Phantom coordinate together, they can create double the amount of healthpacks in an area.

Not very easy to abuse since the healthpacks could only be used in that spot.

(kyuto9) #2

I like the second idea. Actually it makes me think about tf2 team synergies.

I see things more like this :
Bushwacka deploys a turret, and we might then think about things that Engis and Soldier could give it as an extra.
Basically the engi can just repair it. But what if the turret once repaired or full hp, could be buffed by Engis? Like extra firespeed or extra armor.
Then Soldiers could refill its ammo (implying it’s not unlimmited) or give an extra bunch, or even upgrate the turret so it deals ammo that only the turret’s owner can take (so as if bushwacker just had to get close to his turret to refill his own ammo, but only because of soldier upgrade).
Another idea may be that vassili could mix his Detector nade with turret antenna to increase his detection perimeter (but only for himself).

That’s all turret related, but there might be such idea for every class in many ways. Maybe that’s just a sci-fi topic, but who knows…

(tangoliber) #3

I like this idea a lot. If the turret is in the detector nade’s range, then it could be like having another detector nade in the turret’s spot. (Or just a radius increase, like you suggested.) A nice way to interact with the turret without increasing it’s killing power.