Fragger with M4

Pros

• Nice if u like M4 a lot

Cons

• No large ammo capacity as on LMG
  • LMG bullet damage on long range is better, where as M4 have decreased bullet damage on long range. (in most games, dont know how it is in db)

This seems unfair.

Explain this please

Suggestions for fragger M4:

• Long barrel (LMG like bullet damage range)
  • Ammobox / Round drum or similar

Just something good, so its not a downgrade

(fubar) #2

I disagree, M4 is in a great place right now. It’s the K121 that’s OP and requires a nerf, is all.

(meat) #3

I like the M4 with Fragger, it has a faster rate of fire and a quicker reload time.
As long as I pick up ammo when leaving spawn, or have a FOPS who actually drops ammo near by the smaller clip size is not a issue.

I picked up a silver loadout card for Fragger with the M4, 20% increase to AOE, 50% increase to MG overheating time, and I forgot what the 3rd augment is.
This is my favorite Fragger loadout, and what I am using ingame currently.

(Zenity) #4

It should go without saying that M4 Fragger is a speciality loadout, and it generally has some good stuff to make up for the slight weapon downgrade (e.g. Explodydendron, making his already powerful grenades even more powerful).

(Ecano) #5

[QUOTE=meat;524772]
I picked up a silver loadout card for Fragger with the M4, 20% increase to AOE, 50% increase to MG overheating time, and I forgot what the 3rd augment is.
This is my favorite Fragger loadout, and what I am using ingame currently.[/QUOTE]

Same here :slight_smile:

Does M4 have same spread/accuracy with Fragger that with Skyhammer? I feel them different, may be the different speed movement.

(Anti) #6

Sure thing :slight_smile:

Done :wink:

(PixelTwitch) #7

Still believe Mercs having weapons of different weapon classes is a broken as **** concept.

(Szakalot) #8

Is fine. Which loadout annoys you the most?

I used to have a Fragger M4 with faster reload loadout. Id get better k/d with it than the LMG: great AND CONSISTENT M4 accuracy with faster reload basically meant continuous firepower. Hoping I can get my hands on it again.

(PixelTwitch) #9

Not a particualar loadout mate,

I just feel the Mercs lose a lot of what makes them Unique and it makes it virtually impossible to know what Merc or even kind of merc you are hearing from behind wall or corner. Also, when you see who you are fighting or know its a certain Merc you do not always know how to act because you cannot know what weapon they are currently holding… Do I charge into a proxy and risk a shotgun? Do I peak a redeye and risk a bolt action? Do I engage a Fragger and risk a LMG?

I think its just bad on so many levels and overall adds very little to the game…

This also forces all weapons that are shared to be “balanced” the SD way… Meaning they become less and less individual.

Meh…

The reason it seems for this is lack of content so decided to just share everything rather then waiting… Personally i would much rather wait for new weapons for Mercs or even a shared pool of weapons for mercs seperate from their individual weapon…

I get it cost money and stuff…
but when you charge £7 for a character mesh and single ability I feel we are being cheap skated big time!

(Rémy Cabresin) #10

M4 has Explodydendron Augment cards, K121 does not. Seems pretty fair to me. You either have the (arguably)better LMG with high capacity and bit more dmg per bullet or you have higher potential nades.

(PixelTwitch) #11

I feel using augments to balance out weapons is also dumb…
Leaves you always feeling like each card has more **** then it does good stuff.

(Szakalot) #12

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;524818]Not a particualar loadout mate,

I just feel the Mercs lose a lot of what makes them Unique and it makes it virtually impossible to know what Merc or even kind of merc you are hearing from behind wall or corner. Also, when you see who you are fighting or know its a certain Merc you do not always know how to act because you cannot know what weapon they are currently holding… Do I charge into a proxy and risk a shotgun? Do I peak a redeye and risk a bolt action? Do I engage a Fragger and risk a LMG?

I think its just bad on so many levels and overall adds very little to the game…

This also forces all weapons that are shared to be “balanced” the SD way… Meaning they become less and less individual.

Meh…

The reason it seems for this is lack of content so decided to just share everything rather then waiting… Personally i would much rather wait for new weapons for Mercs or even a shared pool of weapons for mercs seperate from their individual weapon…

I get it cost money and stuff…
but when you charge £7 for a character mesh and single ability I feel we are being cheap skated big time![/QUOTE]

I see what you mean, but I think overall the weapon classes have been balanced pretty well.

Sawbonez has Blishlok, SMG9 and Crotzni. All around all are medium SMGs

Fragger has LMG, M4 and BR16. read: lots of firepower, general allrounder and fragger support

Skyhammer has M4, Timik and BR16: two general allrounders and a support weapon

Vassili has 3 different types of snipers. Not much to say here, some are more snipey, some are more ‘getinthere’

Arty has all 3 weapons as long range support, with Dreiss being more allrounder than the other two.

Bushwhacker is similar to Sawbonez, with Kek instead of Crotzni, so a little more support on his side

I left Proxy and Aura last cause I dislike them having long distance viable weapons. Id prefer them to stick to close quarters, a shotgun or not

(PixelTwitch) #13

see this is my problem though you can only really defend the other mercs because all the weapons are boring and almost clones of each other. But as soon as you break from the weapon class like I did mention you have problems. ie, Aura, Proxy, Redeye, Vasseli.

I also think its BS that Thunder and Fragger have assault rifles.
I feel the reason behind the KEK10 is actually a little different from what you have listed… I think it could be and has been one of the most OP weapoons in teh game for a long time. I guess that SD know this already and thats why they chose to have it only on bushwhacker, kinda like Artys weapon.

I believe that weapons on a merc should NEVER change a mercs playstyle/aimstyle. Only slight varients on what they currently have. I have no problem with Sawbones, Arty or Bushwhacker. However, they are the only Mercs I feel the weapons work with currently.

(Glottis-3D) #14

I hate shotguns, and without SMG-proxy i wouldnt play that girl. so i think there should be some variety in weapons, when the gun is very limiting like SG.
as for Fragger - i think his default weapon is not limiting at all. it is great as it is.

so i kinda feel, that for every merc there should be a different desision. in order to make a merc expierience balanced.
Neither Jack of all trades, nor a Dummy with very limited options.
So that you know what to expect, but there is still some room for variety

(Szakalot) #15

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;524825]see this is my problem though you can only really defend the other mercs because all the weapons are boring and almost clones of each other. But as soon as you break from the weapon class like I did mention you have problems. ie, Aura, Proxy, Redeye, Vasseli.

I also think its BS that Thunder and Fragger have assault rifles.
I feel the reason behind the KEK10 is actually a little different from what you have listed… I think it could be and has been one of the most OP weapoons in teh game for a long time. I guess that SD know this already and thats why they chose to have it only on bushwhacker, kinda like Artys weapon.

I believe that weapons on a merc should NEVER change a mercs playstyle/aimstyle. Only slight varients on what they currently have. I have no problem with Sawbones, Arty or Bushwhacker. However, they are the only Mercs I feel the weapons work with currently.[/QUOTE]

Phoenix has a Kek10 loadout.

Weapons are similar to each other sure. But thats why have the abilities, together providing an explosive mix. If you love gunplay above all else, then indeed the current selection can look bland to you cause in general all weapons are accurate and powerful, and tracking aim is king.

Im not sure though how you could make the weapons more unique, without like you said, fixing them to each class. But i find that quite limiting as well, cause even if small, it does make a difference to use various weapons with the same merc. Add to that the various mercs available and everytime i launch the game I can get excited about a particular playstyle, similarly to W:ET or QW.

In the end, I prefer the current system where weapons are not as different, but BALANCED, and there is enough weapons around to provide variety.

also this

Do I charge into a proxy and risk a shotgun? Do I peak a redeye and risk a bolt action? Do I engage a Fragger and risk a LMG?

actually indicates that weapons arent as bland as you claim yourself : )

(PixelTwitch) #16

I said that weapons of the same class (the same kind of weapons) are almost all the same.
Obviously the weapons that require a different aiming style are going to feel very different.

To be blunt I think its ****ing dumb design and just SD showing a lack of confidence that they have anything worth selling…

I feel there is very little variation in the game because its actually 1 ability per Merc + 1 role mechanic at the moment (SD struggling to get out of that classed based mentality). So, I get to pay £7 for a Merc so I can enjoy his “Q” but then have to spend countless more to get a loadout card that makes him viable and even more if I choose to be fussy about the weapon. There is no value in any of this because its just look how little content we have… but don’t worry to fool you into thinking we have a shed ton more we are going to make sure you get access to most of it at all times.

I will hold my hands up if they prove me wrong but right now it looks like SD are in a panic. I feel like they lack the confidence to wait before releasing more loadouts when it comes to weapons and stuff. I believe there is MORE chance of me player a wider range of Mercs if I need to have a Merc before using its weapon. It also helps limit the spam of certain kinds of mercs for the opposite reason. Less mines all around the place if the only Merc with them mines have a shotgun. The variation should come in forms of attachments + slightly worse weapons that can be equipped onto a Merc (why worse? because then you entice them to use the Mercs primary weapon but give them options if that weapon simply does not work for them).

I could go on forever about this, I really do hate it that much.
However, I am on the verge of just giving up and waiting for Bluestreak and Overwatch where the “Mercs” are a unique experiance and not £7 to Q…

[QUOTE=Glottis-3D;524827]I hate shotguns, and without SMG-proxy i wouldnt play that girl. so i think there should be some variety in weapons, when the gun is very limiting like SG.
as for Fragger - i think his default weapon is not limiting at all. it is great as it is.

so i kinda feel, that for every merc there should be a different desision. in order to make a merc expierience balanced.
Neither Jack of all trades, nor a Dummy with very limited options.
So that you know what to expect, but there is still some room for variety[/QUOTE]

What you mentioned as a negative should be considered a positive from both us and SD… Not every player should want to play every Merc. This introduces more diverse combinations of Mercs in matches and really defines a Merc to properly telegraph what they are and what they are capable of. I doubt this is something that will ever happen though. SD have really spoiled the playerbase with this system already and no one seems to like “reduced” options even if it does **** the game over.

[QUOTE=Anti;524805]Sure thing :slight_smile:

Done ;)[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for info

(Glottis-3D) #18

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;524833]
What you mentioned as a negative should be considered a positive from both us and SD… Not every player should want to play every Merc. This introduces more diverse combinations of Mercs in matches and really defines a Merc to properly telegraph what they are and what they are capable of. I doubt this is something that will ever happen though. SD have really spoiled the playerbase with this system already and no one seems to like “reduced” options even if it does **** the game over.[/QUOTE]

yes and no.

yes - for variability
and no for limiting player’s options.

We only have 2 fast mercs. and both with shotguns? OR we have only two mine-mercs. And again both with Shotgus?? too limiting imho.
so the desision should be around this:
whole bunch of mercs should provide ANY possible play-style out there from campers to obj whores to trick jumpers to aimers etc.
and with SG-only mercs whole lot of ppl were like “no thnx” to aura, proxy, fletcher. and now they can easily play that merc. that means Ppl do like to throw mines and bombs. and now they can and they enjoy the mercs…

(PixelTwitch) #19

I do disagree with this

However, I will say that yes the current weapon distribution is bad…
I would prefer fletcher to have SMG and Proxy only shotgun for instance but thats just my opinion I am sure many others can be mixed up a bit as well.

(Szakalot) #20

7 bucks to ‘Q’ when everything else is for free. But it should be 5 anyways.

When all the mercs were available I def. had the feeling of each being unique. Its less variation in each mercs than a class in ET or QW, but you have 3 times as many classes! firefights are more exciting too when one time you fight an Aura-Rhino combo, another time struggling against Thunder with double Phoenix, etc.

I think the game is going to do just fine, but it really REALLY will need more maps, since most of gameplay is aim’n’movement like you pointed out. And that can get very bland on the same map played over and over. We will see how Execution plays into this. But every new map and every new crossfire arena will feel like a whole new game, esp. when people discover overpowered spots to abuse their abilities and play dirty.

Say a new map comes out, and due to oversight Arty can spam whole objectives with impunity. Completely different experience akin to ET battery when trying to build the ramp. Or a particular position supports Bushwhackers turret, or a specific choke is molotov-able, etc. etc.

Hopefuly SD can hire more mappers, or organize some map-making competitions.