Credit penalty

(chippy) #1

In the last few days I’ve apparently got a credit penalty at the end of a round every now and then.

Varied from -1 to -5 (if my memory is correct)

And why? The only thing I can think of is if I’ve changed team, suicided to change merc but in these particular cases I haven’t done any of that.

(BioSnark) #2

It indicates deep lapses of moral character. I have this every game so I assume it’s suicide.

(DB Genome editor) #3

I just completed a game where I got a -64 credits penalty. As per the patch release notes, my understanding is that these are given out for games that are unbalanced or with less then 10 players. That game certainly wasn’t unbalanced: it was on Trainyard and the attackers got the second objective with a few seconds to spare, then delivered one of the cores but couldn’t get the second one in (i.e. as close to an attacker win as you can get without being one). However, we did play about half the match 2 vs 2 until others started to join in. Is this huge penalty all because of the number of players? Can we have more details on how these penalties get calculated?

It would be very sad if these penalties encouraged people to bail out of lobbies and games in progress when a couple of people leave and the player count drops below 10… :frowning:

(Runeforce) #4

WHAAAAAT? Oh, you are joking :slight_smile:

Remove the suicide penalty. At least the firrst one.

Got to get them moral fibers!

(Zenity) #5

I do wish we could see a breakdown of how the points are applied. Would give us something to do during the 30 seconds wait and it would make it more obvious if e.g. a penalty was applied due to unbalanced teams (which doesn’t seem to be working well at all yet, or if it does then nobody realises it so it’s not really working as a deterrent).

(Anti) #6

There are two types of penalties (which might be the wrong word for it), based on team size imbalance and number of players in the match.

If one team has 3 extra players they will get their earn rate reduced from around 10 Credits per minute to 7, for as long as that imbalance occurs. If a server only has 2 players in it the roughly 10 Credits per minute rate would be reduced to something like 2 or 3, for as long as the server has very small numbers.

The point of these systems is to help prevent farming by people stacking for bonuses or trying to farm wins on small servers. In most cases quick match should be ensuring servers are filled quite quickly and balancing the number of players, to minimise the penalties, but that is still being balanced.

Once we get to fixing the scoreboard I’m sure we can represent these much better on it, right now I can totally understand while they feel confusing.

(Chux) #7

The other day I almost owed money after a map ended xD