Any idea to replace Loadouts card system?

(kyuto9) #1

I’m posting here because i’m not really satisfied with the cards system in DB. Not only does it has rank/level giving specs that help your surviving against a lower opponent, but it’s just not contrasted enough to make a real point of its existence. Also the time and creds necessary to unlock cards are abusive. Not to mention the randomness that may give you a card with specs you already own/play with. My point is that i’m not sure Dirty Bomb does differenciate players the best way they could.

DB should get back to basics and totally remove the card system (ear that, detect this, less cooldown of this, instant reload, lick your elbow faster, climb walls, fart toxins etc) and just make a shop for weapons only, and i’m not talking about random shop! Real shop, you can see what you buy. Depending the class, you could buy AK47, m4a1, shotgun, smgs etc. Or replace main weapon by a dual secondary one. Or heavier melee weapon. Or even replacing a weapon of yours with an additionnal special item use, or additionnal ammo/health kit refuel capabilities. Something that fits you!
You are more like “no confrontation” medic, okay then give you smg away and buy a heal station so you can be 200% medic with both heal station and health kits. You feel more like engineer, replace your melee weapon and pistol by a fast repair tool allowing to repair turrets, heal station and objectives faster. Maybe you are rambo-like, then you’d want to replace your airstrike for extended magazines. Unless on the contrary you prefer a longer airstrike but lose your main weapon and run slower. You could sell your main weapon and run faster that way. You see what i mean? It’s all about what you want to be on the field, and it always costs you something else, but you never are OP compared to other characters, no matter the class. Your playstyle without cheating.

And why not a cosmetics only store, to gain real money from players : a cowboy hat for vassili, hood for sawbonez, biohazard suit for proxy, etc. With the rotating character thingy, nobody will give a penny in this game to unlock some dude, so the cosmectics are a good deal, isn’t it? i’d prefer players with basically same characters but different weapons (as long as they keep balancing pros and cons), and different cloth.

I don’t know, i feel like this whole cases, cards, loadouts things (and their randomness) are not good to DB somehow. What do you think?

(DarkangelUK) #2

They won’t remove loadout cards

(LiNkzr) #3

They should separate skins and weapons and keep perks in loadouts. This way they can add more revenue sources than just mercs. They can’t keep the merc prices like this.

(DarkangelUK) #4

I queried skins and such on the twitch stream, it was a very subtle hint but I think this is something similar that may be in the works. No actual details though.

(LiNkzr) #5

Nice! I made a post about market things in other thread but this should help for adding revenue!

(tangoliber) #6

I like the system at the moment, but I predict it can’t last. F2P games make money from overwhelming you with content to unlock, and making you feel like you need to buy some stuff just to keep up. Before a game like Tribes: Ascend went Buy to Play, if you were to buy a character and then all possible weapons, items…it would cost a decent amount of money. (A lot more than 10 dollars).

Currently, in Dirty Bomb, you buy the character, and you are done paying for that character. All of the items and abilities get earned for free from random drops and trading. At the moment, it feels very manageable. It’s quick to trade up from the randomly dropped cards and get a couple of Bronze cards for your character. (Most people aren’t going to need every possible card. Just a bronze or higher card for each weapon version.) A little too quick, so I expect that something will be tweaked. (Cards will drop less, or trading will cost more, etc.) It’s nice that even after you have some decent Bronze cards for each character, you can still look forward to random drops for the small differences they might make.

Maybe, they can make enough money by just selling mercs. I hope so, but not sure.