Medpack, Ammo pack and Ammo Station Team Colours + Fade before Destroy...

(PixelTwitch) #1

I have just come from a few rounds where we had a surprising number of Medics and Field Ops, so lots of health and ammo laying around the place. On numerous occasions I had broke away from a fight to head towards health and/or ammo only to have it vanish when I am inches away from grabbing it. This leaves me out of position and a little bit salty really. Currently there is no way to know how long a pack will stay there on the ground and that is frustrating to me personally.

I would like to see a system in place that would have a 3 second fade on packs and a destroy animation on the ammo station that would communicate to me that I am indeed able to grab it providing I am at a decent range. If I am at a slightly longer range I get to quickly work out if I will get their in time and turn away if not. Saving me 5+ seconds of a round trip. Overall its just a small feature that should remove one layer of frustration from the gameplay. This fade would happen when ever a pack goes to the “destroy state”, so this includes throwing out addition packs, pack owner changing Merc or simply lifetime expires. I think on a healing station second placement the same should also happen. Yes this does mean there will be a slight overlap where more then the “Maximum” of each pack/deployable is placed but I think it should not matter too much.

When it comes to my case for team colours on packs and stations its pretty simple…
Currently there is no way to know if a pack left is from the friendly or enemy players. This means that gathering information to player locations and Mercs can be a tiny bit more difficult than it needs to be. For instance, if I see a medpack near a corner and it has enemy identifiers, its pretty safe to assume a enemy has passed though recently or maybe is even still here. This allows me to better weight up my options, especially when it comes down to deciding to jump onto the pack in question.

On a even more basic level, it adds a little bit of colour back into the game… I like colours…

Anyway please let me know what you guys think!
Cheers.

(artfulSedan) #2

team colors would be helpful

(coruscate) #3

You did see the new patch did u? Auras Healingstation got a team color, every merc got a team color and the ammo/health packs are neutral they heal/replenish ammo wether teammate or enemy.

(PixelTwitch) #4

Yes, the reason why I made this is because even if they are neutral, I feel the information could still be useful, Also, I consider team colours no where near as important as pack fade.