Increase earned Creds amount

(kyuto9) #1

I had a misadventure today due to the Trade Up system.

So I always play with a bronze skyhammer card that satisfies me, but i wanted to see the silver stuff
I spent 35 000 creds in store to get random sh1t in order to make a silver card, using the trade up thingy, and i finally got a silver card… but it had the exact same specs as my current main bronze one!!?
It took me tons of money and quite a time, and all of it to get something i already had! So i went mad and asked people if there really wasn’t a difference in the hope i did not get fvcked, and it appears it has a different skin. Which i think, almost nobody cares at all in such a game. It might be hats, facehair or even Yoshi cosplay, but nope, only skins…

So my point is : as i’m freemium and a case costs 1000 creds, and i can afford such case after 6 or 7 games average, and implying it takes money to make trade up transaction : a silver card cost about 41 000 creds all math included. So just guess how many games and hours i should spend on the game to get another silver card? I don’t even want to calcul it!
Also, i’m not 24h7d on the game but even if i was, it’d take ages…

Didn’t mention that the random case system is really a pain in the @ss, and the creds reward at endgame is so ridiculous. My best reward was only 250creds on stopwatch. A game won should reward 1000C at least. 1 won match, 1 case. That sounds legit right? I mean, daily missions only gives 600C, not even a poor damn case… After 3 daily missions, you only got 1800C, wouhou. I can buy a single case…
Really when i realize all the creds waste and the difficulty to get some, i can’t really justify the loadouts feature in this game as we get to see a different one every 3 weeks of playing (everyday for 2hrs at least), with the risk of looting one with specs you already own!
For now i can only foresee the ocean of time that should be spent on the game for a freemium to explore just a card so he can tell himself “hmm i don’t like this one”, thanks to randomness again…

So, please, either give us the choice of our cards while we put creds in it, either rise the creds reward % in-game, or decrease case price.
Anyone screwed like me with a clone card after heavy investement?

(sunshinefats) #2

I agree on both points you make…the cards themselves often have no difference at all between bronze. gold, silver, etc. which sucks as it defeats the whole point of them being there. Also, there’s not NEARLY enough creds earned when they’re charging 50k for a new class(protip: there’s no way in hell I would EVER pay you $10 for class…it’s way overpriced). I’ve had the same thing as above happen numerous times now.

(Szakalot) #3

Cases drop randomly throughout the game. Thats the best way to earn cases, buying them serves little purpose gameplay-wise atm.

(kyuto9) #4

Yes, i saw it, i used those dropped cases in the making of my silver card (that’s why it took my 35 000 C instead of the 41 000 C). But still the rate of case drop is too low as well as the rest. I drop cases once i level up or when i do some crazy things in games. Sometimes only drop 1, sometimes 2 at once. But these are “wood case” or whatever paper rarity 90% of the drops. Still considering the whole game progression slope, it’s still not rewarding enough imho.

(Szakalot) #5

I’d say i get on average 1case per 60-90’ of gameplay. Thats pretty often.

(kyuto9) #6

What are the loot rate based on actually?
1 case for such time is still not much. Takes you 9hrs playing to get an iron card, so 27 hrs in-game to get a bronze one, etc… don’t know if it worthy considering you don’t have control on the loot you’ll have.

(meat) #7

I have 3 silver, 4 bronze, 2 iron, I also have 5 obsidian cards, and a **** load of lead cards. I haven’t bought 1 case yet.
Use the cases that drop as you work your way to that silver card your looking for.

I am saving the majority of my credits to purchase new mercs. If you deplete all your credits on cases, you will be shelling out a lot of real cash to buy mercs.

(Szakalot) #8

[QUOTE=kyuto9;524525]What are the loot rate based on actually?
1 case for such time is still not much. Takes you 9hrs playing to get an iron card, so 27 hrs in-game to get a bronze one, etc… don’t know if it worthy considering you don’t have control on the loot you’ll have.[/QUOTE]

you are assuming that all cases are lead.

I’d say about 80-90% are in fact lead, with sth like <1% for gold; <5% for silver; and rest for bronze and iron

(kyuto9) #9

Man, you must play a lot don’t you?. I’m not exceding 1h30 about 4d/w.

(kyuto9) #10

[QUOTE=Szakalot;524536]you are assuming that all cases are lead.

I’d say about 80-90% are in fact lead, with sth like <1% for gold; <5% for silver; and rest for bronze and iron[/QUOTE]

Well I never ever looted iron cards in-game and i’m almost lvl 7. Only cheap lead stuff. And using the store i only got 2 iron cards and ±30 lead ones.
All bronze and silver i have, i had to make them by trading up.

(meat) #11

All but 1 silver, and 1 bronze, and 1 iron were traded up from lead cases earned ingame.
Have patience.

(kyuto9) #12

Beta testing the game since day 1, patience is doing well.
But what i don’t have is 3hrs+ 6d/w to put in the game. As a user, I just want to try stuff so i can decide which to permanantly equip and enjoy the game at last. It should not take months to cook loadouts. i prefer farming a game for a couple weeks to unlock all i want to try, and then play years with it. That might not be everyone’s opinion. But i don’t like to be slave of a game, its need of investment. It’s a game, a shooter with 15min missions. I mean it’s not as if it was an mmo. I don’t care if i have nothing to loot anymore, if i have unlocked everything after 2 or 3 weeks, as long as the game itself and community is great enough to keep me in months or years more.
I don’t want bait like “hey look that new loadout lvl 37 with this and that! Needs only 25 bronze cards and 4 months of you time”. Is it hard to make the game just reward people whenever they play? I mean, not basing it on “how long they play DB”, but “because they play DB”.

It would be easely fixed if they release a game mode with classic characters without cards at all, just the core stuff.

(Szakalot) #13

[QUOTE=kyuto9;524540]Well I never ever looted iron cards in-game and i’m almost lvl 7. Only cheap lead stuff. And using the store i only got 2 iron cards and ±30 lead ones.
All bronze and silver i have, i had to make them by trading up.[/QUOTE]

I’ve opened about 30-40 cases (bought quite a few with the +12k $ rewards - didnt know Id need them to unlock mercs) and I’ve got 1 silver; 2 bronzes, and a bunch of irons.

(kyuto9) #14

Cool story, but once again, randomness is not rewarding everybody. And that is broken

(Szakalot) #15

randomness will reward everybody in the end.

I def. agree that a non-random method of making loadouts would be welcome. Even as much as buying a specific one for real $$$ or Credits.

(kyuto9) #16

[QUOTE=Szakalot;524558]randomness will reward everybody in the end.

I def. agree that a non-random method of making loadouts would be welcome. Even as much as buying a specific one for real $$$ or Credits.[/QUOTE]

I agree, i’d prefer that. At least you know what is your goal.

(Nail) #17

I have 6 Obsidian cards, I want to trade some of them for Bronzes, but they’re absolutely useless

you should be able to trade down to a card you want

(kyuto9) #18

Ah yes, didn’t think about that.
You mean like to get a Bronze card for example, you should be able to trade either 3 iron cards or 6 lead cards, or 1 silver/gold/obsidian?
But the game force lower (and very previous) cards to be the only possible ressource to get higher ones. That is a shame yes.