No engineer rotation

(FireWorks) #1

Wow! You turned my most fun experience in the last months into a total desaster.

Having neither Proxy nor Bushy available by default leaves a lot of players without objective classes (engineers). And I am one of them.

I personally feel already crippled if I cant play all classes, but I settled with this odd 3 merc limit by now. But if I am not even able to play the objective class and have to face a team with 4+ engineers, it gets a bit sad and even worse, it smells heavy like the unholy P2W

One team blitzes in and gets plants, other team takes ages for a plant. One defuses fast, other not so much. Its a frustrating experience.

Please spare me the stuff of “its all unlockable by playing”. Its a pain til it is unlocked and you cant balance teams for available engineers with hotjoiners.

Please, SD, fix this ASAP by making 1 engineer available in each rotation cause it kills the fun VERY fast.

(Runeforce) #2

Yep I am kind of trying to adress the same thing over in http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/43450-Start-with-more-mercs

(BioSnark) #3

This would explain why I was the only engineer doing ****. I was wondering.

(INF3RN0) #4

Yea I think this was something that they overlooked…

(tangoliber) #5

Yea, must have been an oversight. Somebody mentioned this potential issue on Reddit several days ago, and I said SD would never let that happen. :slight_smile:

(DarkangelUK) #6

I think this more highlights a lackluster approach to objectives than to the available classes.

(PixelTwitch) #7

not over looked… ignored…

I brought this up during the 2 test weekends…
so silly…

(Violator) #8

Feels odd to me that Bushwhacker has been added back this patch but hasn’t been on rotation to try.

(FireWorks) #9

At least I have faith in SD to resolve this even during a weekend.

(Destroy666) #10

Just got back to play DB today and I can’t agree more - that’s the most disappointg aspect of the game so far (not counting maps which were and still are not so good). If it’s an objective-oriented game as the intro tries to persuade us, why does it start with Skyhammer and without Proxy? Not to mention that also today’s rotation didn’t even have an engi available.

In my opinion 3 mercs should be avaiable at the beginning, the 3rd being Proxy ofc. And the rest unlockable.

(Exedore) #11

I know it’s unfortunate, but this will be much rarer as we get the other Mercs into the game. Bushwhacker will go on free rotation when we do the next cycle.

(FireWorks) #12

Ahm… this feels more like a hotfix thing than a we will see in a couple weeks things.

(Nail) #13

I don’t get it, everyone had plenty of time to unlock Proxy, they even gave most people the credits to do so, if you chose NOT to unlock, so sad, too bad, suck it up buttercup

(Shanks) #14

^This

And it seems as though credits are becoming easier to get (I’ve been getting 300-500 per match since the patch) so it shouldn’t take too long to grind enough credits. Hell, I’ve had enough credits to unlock Sawbonez and Bushwhacker and I’m still only level 7.

(Rémy Cabresin) #15

They wont put proxy on free 2 weeks in a row, and I’m expecting them to put Bushwacker free next week. From a marketing stand point, like LoL, they put a new character on a high price the first week, then free rotation in the second week. This makes really eager people buy ‘the new thing’ at a high price before they can try it. That’s simply how F2P works nowadays, deal with it.

Also what @nail said. Plenty of time to unlock other characters(and you can still buy them with steam moneys) and if you’re really complaining about OTHER people not having a merc that’s just silly.

(Runeforce) #16

You are assuming everybody knows of the five class archetypes. But they don’t! And No, you should not teach them, by Hahaha nööb

(Destroy666) #17

It’s not silly, it’s logical. Would you write the same “deal with it” post if the starting mercs were Rhino and Thunder? Do you think it wouldn’t change the gameplay? Not in the slightest? It simply doesn’t make any sense to not include any engi class in a objective-based game by default, that’s what people are saying here and I haven’t seen any reasonable counterargument yet (“buy it then noob” doesn’t sound like one).

(FireWorks) #18

Why do people assume everyone reads forums and such? I launch the game to play it. Where was this “you will lose your objective class, buy it now” warning some people mumble about here.

(Shanks) #19

Common sense dictates that “free rotation” would rotate to other mercs.

(FireWorks) #20

How does this relate to missing objective classes?