Help up...kind of broken

(Runeforce) #1

If you cancel it, you have to start over. If you join another player in helping a third up, you start your own timer.
IT’S JUST WRONG!

The technician got it right; you could help your tech teammates and go for a joint target, at the risk of being wiped by aoe damage.

Your timers should add to each other. And the target of the ‘help up’ revive should have the revive progress ‘saved’, so it can be continued, by the same, or another (or multiple) guy/s (and/or girl/s.) Again, like in etqw. No excuses! Fix it already!

Alternatively, if you have a reason for the current state, I would love to hear it.

(INF3RN0) #2

Hmm the idea of stacking help up progress for say up to 3 players=100% could be interesting.

(Glottis-3D) #3

Runeforce is damn right!

(Destroy666) #4

Also, why do you get less XP for this than for reviving a teammate with a defiblirator? It never made any sense to me. It takes much more time during which you’re frail and may get killed 5 times. So it’s much more challenging and altruistic, yet you get only cheap 30 XP, which discourages people from using that functionality, in my opinion. And sometimes it may be crucial to win the game, especially if you help up a medic.

(Exedore) #5

Had actually been thinking about this recently, I think it’d definitely be an improvement… we just need to rank it against all the other improvements!

Also in agreement that it’s probably not enough XP; we’ll be looking at all non-combat XP in the near future.

(DarkangelUK) #6

[QUOTE=Exedore;524510]Had actually been thinking about this recently, I think it’d definitely be an improvement… we just need to rank it against all the other improvements!

Also in agreement that it’s probably not enough XP; we’ll be looking at all non-combat XP in the near future.[/QUOTE]

Ever so slightly on-topic. To balance Aura out a bit, have you thought about removing her shock paddles and giving her a fast help-up instead? Akin to Engineers having a faster repair/plant/disarm above everyone else.

(Chux) #7

Interesting, a syringe animation is in order with that :slight_smile: