Start with more mercs.

(Runeforce) #1

I feel you should start out with at least one each of the 5 archetypes unlocked, perhaps minus the covert ops.

Would help you learn the team roles, before you really invest.

Also not having a engie or soldier, is just too much of a handicap.

(Szakalot) #2

you get 4 at the beginning plus enough credits to get 5th in the first few hours of gameplay

(Mustang) #3

Indeed, in the first hour or two you learn the concept of picking a squad of 3 out of the 4 available mercs, and the concept of earning credits to unlock mercs and earn your 5th.

Seems like a sensible way to introduce players to the game without overloading them.

(Runeforce) #4

Yeah, well this week the rotation changed to Arty and Sawbonez, So now new players has two of the medic class archetype and two of the field ops archetype. It would make more sense if they always had acces to all archetypes.

(Nail) #5

Proxy was in rotation for people to try out and decide if she was worth having, if they didn’t unlock her, oh too bad. Everyone knew she was going to be replaced in rotation

(LiNkzr) #6

I thought they would add bushwhacker in rotation, because you know, would be stupid to have no engineers in rotation. I unlocked proxy instantly when I saw which 2 were in rotation though.

(Nail) #7

and now you have a viable engi, most unlocked Arty or Vassili

to me, they did it perfectly, show people right away forward thinking is tantamount to success, I got a Proxy too

(Runeforce) #8

[QUOTE=Nail;524595]and now you have a viable engi, most unlocked Arty or Vassili

to me, they did it perfectly, show people right away forward thinking is tantamount to success, I got a Proxy too[/QUOTE]

You just don’t want to get it. That’s fine. It’s about a lot of things, amongst other fairness, not at least to the players that have the mercs, because they are more or less forced to play them, because new players are excluded from playing certain class archetypes. Which of course is a glarring mistake.

Nobody would have played ET if you got the medic and field ops for free, but had to buy the soldier, engineer and covert ops, in seperate DLC’s. The classes are still essential to the game, though they are a bit more obscure than previously. Even more of a reason to make sure new players have acces to all class archetypes.

(Nail) #9

I get it perfectly, I have Proxy and you don’t, you’re whining because you didn’t have the foresight to unlock a merc you believe indispensable when you had the chance, so sad, too bad

Now you want SD to make up for your lack of foresight, this is closed beta not a full game and your W:ET analogy is ridiculous. Grow up, admit you screwed up and quit blaming others for your foolhardy choices

(Ceres) #10

But i want the bushwacker for free!!

(ailmanki) #11

+1, should start with the 5 basic roles.

(Nail) #12

in a week or so he will be

(neg0ne) #13

in a team based game all teamroles should be available in a rotation.
played agains a team without engies … boring. might it be their fault or not, it makes no sense.

i also would like that they show all mercs that exist - maybe ingame and highlight the ones that are in rotation and purchaised or publish a list.
for incentive and so that ppl can kind of plan into the future.

(Runeforce) #14

[QUOTE=Nail;524654]I get it perfectly, I have Proxy and you don’t, you’re whining because you didn’t have the foresight to unlock a merc you believe indispensable when you had the chance, so sad, too bad

Now you want SD to make up for your lack of foresight, this is closed beta not a full game and your W:ET analogy is ridiculous. Grow up, admit you screwed up and quit blaming others for your foolhardy choices[/QUOTE]

Nail, if you ever get tired of hanging around here, you should apply for a job at Fox News, as I am sure they will appreciate the amount of bull**** you always let out.

Let me get this straight, you do not want new players to have acces all archetypes, because you ‘earned’ yours. And you are either objecting out of jalousy, or some principal idea, that showing solidarity is a thing of evil. And you are willing to go as far, as to ruin the game for everybody.
Of course, you are being completely dishonest*, because you are a Founder, even a VIP that got invited in, so you got your mercs for free. You mooched on the system, buddy! And now you want everybody else to ‘earn’ their full set of class archetypes, and take responsibility for some rules they were never explained. (And even if they were explained them, the current scheme would still make the game being percieved, rightly so, as p2w.)
That Sir, makes you a total hypochrite! A very small brainless Yes Man, that graps any power he can, at any opportunity! Or perhaps you just get a kick out of being a dick all the time**…

• Or did you not discover your founders key?
    ** Were you so busy with it, you never discovered your founders key?

Back to the subject, I do not care whether the five class archetypes are availble by free rotation or permanet unlock, just that they always are. But as far as I am aware, SD has already adressed this, by saying the current state of affairs, is a bit of a mess.

PS. If it was not obvious, I don’t want this to happen right now, but it’s a problem that should be adressed at Golden release.

(Nail) #15

so by agreeing with SD I’m now a bullsh!tting lying brainless dick mooching on the system who is out to ruin the game for everyone ??

interesting

and that makes SD what ?

(DarkangelUK) #16

Gonna agree with Nail here, it’s been blatantly obvious for years now that engineer is the objective class and people didn’t choose it because they want to pew pew instead.

(Nail) #17

anybody I mean ANYBODY who ever played W:ET knows engis rule, rambo medics are for fools

(Nail) #18

Runeforce
I was gonna uprep you for being teh funneh, but I see you you don’t want to be judged by your peers

(Runeforce) #19

[QUOTE=Nail;524723]Runeforce
I was gonna uprep you for being teh funneh, but I see you you don’t want to be judged by your peers[/QUOTE]

Rep away, the system still works underneath.
I am a funny man, and I can take jokes, but **** gets tiresome.

(Nail) #20

done, too bad you don’t agree with SD, my doing so doesn’t make me an asshole in my reckoning

Runeforce you haven’t answered my question

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/43450-Start-with-more-mercs?p=524715&viewfull=1#post524715