Backstab?

(maxtalent) #1

I know that melees aren’t insta-kill like call of duty but does that include backstab? Also while we are on it, does backstab take you out of disguise?

(light_sh4v0r) #2

If there is a backstab it’s probably only for the operative class. In ETQW a backstab would not drop your disguise, unless an enemy player sees you do it.

(tokamak) #3

If there’s a backstab for the operative class it might be restricted to an ability slot.

(AnthonyDa) #4

ETQW != BRINK.

And on W:et, all classes are able to backstab IIRC.

(signofzeta) #5

[quote=AnthonyDa;232951]ETQW != BRINK.

And on W:et, all classes are able to backstab IIRC.[/quote]

wasn’t the backstab a level 4 covert ops ability? Until some modder destroyed the game because his favorite class can’t backstab, use adrenaline syringe, and spot mines at the same time?

(tokamak) #6

Yeah it was a level 4 abillity.

(maxtalent) #7

Good to know guys, thanks for the info

(Szakalot) #8

In W:ET with deadly weapons and the fast pace backstabbing anyone who knew what they were doing was a feet.

In QW, when running around stroydowning you can always get someone to unload without a frag, and backstab them on reload.

(Joshua Morrison) #9

So does Brink has a backstab?
I play as a spy, rogue, or operative in pretty much every game I can… so if the operative has a backstab… I’m going to lose my ****. That would be awesome.

(tokamak) #10

It’s not known yet, but considering both ET and QW had it, and considering it’s a typical ability-slot type of skill it is pretty probable Brink will have a backstab.

(nemezote) #11

I hope they make it a default ability, I dont really care wether I lose my disguise or not, so long as I dont have to spend a slot to get backstab.

(tokamak) #12

If you’re not prepared to pay a slot for backstab then that only shows you’re not actually too bothered about it.

(Szakalot) #13

we dont even know how many, and how restrictive the slots are actually going to be.

So this discussion is kind of pointless :stuck_out_tongue:

(nemezote) #14

In the end it is a matter of preference, just as some people will like resistance, some will like security, which is wrong, which is right? Neither one nor the other.

We are just doing some healty speculation, no need to flame, so play nice.

(tokamak) #15

No, I truly mean it. If you don’t think it’s worth spending a slot on it then it’s just not that important to you. That’s okay. There’s just no such thing as a free lunch.

[QUOTE=Szakalot;233478]we dont even know how many, and how restrictive the slots are actually going to be.

So this discussion is kind of pointless :p[/QUOTE]
not relevant. As for now it seems to be five slots, but even if it were 20 slots the principle of scarcity still applies.