My feedback on all maps

(Stevetheunicorn) #1

Trainyard
1st objective: Seems fine, I like the flanking route under the bridge as well as the 2 main routes, seems pretty balanced to me
2nd objective: Seems fine, it seems really easy to defend before they break the lines and almost impossible to reclaim once the defense is pushed back. Really puts a lot of stress on both teams to do their best, I like it.
3rd objective: There are plenty of routes away from the objective, but the defense really has to do is turtle around the obj and it can be really difficult to get the obj to the side facing the spawn. My two cents is to make a mini objective that makes it easier for the defense to defend, but make it closer too the offence so they aren’t trying to turtle, they are trying to push for that objective some too. But also don’t make it detrimental to the offence and make it relatively easy to repair. I think it would make the map a bit more interesting, but I can see where it would be difficult to make such an objective seeing as its so wide open you can’t really close any doors. But in the future i think that would be a nice addition.

Chapel
1st objective: Seems super easy, which is fine considering the last objective is pretty damn hard
2nd objective: Its O.K, just wish it didn’t take so long seeing as the last objective takes a long time as well. But seeing as most pubs are a rofl stomp in either direction, I haven’t really seen it when 2 equally matched teams how long it takes. Also, lots of places for snipers and others to camp your ass hard and not enough flank routes to offset it, the flank routes they have i feel have good lines of sight for the defenders. But since pubs have more people, their are going to be less snipers in competitive, so it should be alright. Shouldn’t balance around pubs lol.
3rd objective: Seems like a bonus objective rather then a done deal. Site is really close to spawn, making it difficult to get too. Although i feel like in a close game, It would be rewarding to get this one. I think that the lengthiness of the second objective should make this one a tad bit shorter, but since the 1st objective doesn’t take long I feel like it’s in a decent place.

Underground
1st objective: I think its super creative, but its a tad bit hard. But, seeing as their are only 2 objectives and it doesn’t take that long to get down the stairs to the 2nd objective, I think its fine
2nd objective: I feel like the 1st mini objective is impossible to get to as the defense, I feel like it should be a little bit closer to the defense so MAYBE they can back door it, but probably not. But I feel like it would be a rewarding moment for a bushwacker/proxy to repair it and live to tell the tail. Also, the 2nd mini objective is kinda useless, seeing as you can get over it easy. Its not useless, but its no reason to push that side of the map so hard. Perfect amount of difficulty on this objective though.

Bridge
1st objective: Seems like the difficulty on the 1st and 3rd obj were switched for this map, 1st one is harder and 3rd one is easier. Pretty much it, I like it anyways
2nd objective: I feel like it’s not diverse enough. Basically how it works is you let it push to the wall, you defend at the wall super hard and once that wall is done, you have 1-3 minutes before it get’s pushed all the way. I want the wall to be easier to get by, and another option for defense for the defenders.
3rd objective: Refer to 1st, but reason its so easy is Cus once you get a couple of good frags, you just pick it up and bring it home. Needs to be an easier way to stop the offence from just running past, like maybe a check point of some sort.

Terminal
1st objective: Good level of difficulty, just wish that the mini objective didn’t punish the offence so hard for losing, can make it easier for the defense to spawn camp. The spawn flag is nice though, I like it a lot.
2nd objective: Decent, same thing as underground is mini objective is impossible to get to for defenders, would be nice if it were possible to backdoor something for some cool highlights

Thanks for reading this long ass post, have a nice day!

(Glottis-3D) #2

thnx for feedback on maps!!
how long do you play DB?

(Stevetheunicorn) #3

I have around 90 hours played, or so says steam. Probably less considering afk times in main screen. I’m not much of a mechanical player, my shot is a tad bit rusty but I love analyzing things from a player and design perspective, so as the saying goes do as I say, not as I do :D.