Merc Pricing...

(PixelTwitch) #1

Ok, so…

I am lucky that money to me personally is not really much of an issue. I am also someone that really wants to support Splash Damage where possible. I even went out and got the Merc Starter Pack and not thought necessity (did not even like the other Mercs it granted me at the time). However…

I would rather send Splash Damage £7 directly, for nothing in return, then support such pricing.

I believe that each Merc in the game is no where near as unique and game changing enough to justify such ridiculous pricing, especially when even after spending the equivalent of 1/3 of Killing Floor 2, I still have to go and grind for many hours or spend much more on getting a worth while loadout card. Effectively at this point your paying £7 for a single ability… The animations are shared, weapons are shared, skins are irrelevant on most “pro” configs as well.

I will be playing the game constantly so I can get the Merc eventually anyway so it really makes no difference to me what you charge but I think its important to just say this out loud and hear what the rest of the people around here feel…

(Nail) #2

I gotta agree with Pixie, merc prices are stupid at this stage, the value just isn’t there and I’ve read nothing but complaints

(Protekt1) #3

You’d rather donate money than spend the same money and get something in return.

I smell… hyperbole.

(tangoliber) #4

Pricing seems kinda cheap compared to Tribes: Ascend in the first year. I’m good with it.

Originally, I thought that Splash Damage should only sell characters with no customization. (Skin + Voice + unique weapon + unique ability), and sell each one for 10 to 12 USD. But since we have loadout cards, and since not all of the weapons are unique, I think that roughly 7 USD makes sense.

Like most F2P games, the older content will likely slowly drop in prices.

(PixelTwitch) #5

[QUOTE=Protekt1;524261]You’d rather donate money than spend the same money and get something in return.

I smell… hyperbole.[/QUOTE]

Your talking to someone that has a $50+ monthly Twitch subscription spend.
Money is not my personal issue… its VALUE and by paying for something I give off the impression that its ok…

(Nail) #6

more about the credit charge than the monetary

(PixelTwitch) #7

[QUOTE=tangoliber;524262]Pricing seems kinda cheap compared to Tribes: Ascend in the first year. I’m good with it.

Originally, I thought that Splash Damage should only sell characters with no customization. (Skin + Voice + unique weapon + unique ability), and sell each one for 10 to 12 USD. But since we have loadout cards, and since not all of the weapons are unique, I think that roughly 7 USD makes sense.

Like most F2P games, the older content will likely slowly drop in prices.[/QUOTE]

7 GBP £

I believe that is around $11 depending on exchange rates from day to day.

I would be fine with around $7

(Nail) #8

for me Arty is $6.50 Bushwacker $10.99

it’s the 50,000 credits, take me forever

(BomBaKlaK) #9

The new merc is around 10€ and old mercs around 6€, I buy my first merc cause bush is one of the merc I play most, and I feel like it’s very expensive, now I will wait until some more news

(titan) #10

7 pounds is pushing it for a merc :confused:

(Violator) #11

The £50k credits is going to take me 266 matches to earn (at an average of 150GP / match, I’m already on 11k) so its going to take months, may as well be a placeholder :(. £7 for unlocking one merc seems a little steep (plus I thought the monitisation was going to be purely cosmetic?)

(DarkangelUK) #12

I can’t help but compare the price of a merc to the price of a map. CoD you get 5 maps for £15, for that you’ll get 2 mercs…

(tangoliber) #13

You spent 29 to 60 dollars for the base game in CoD. (I rarely see those games go down further in price.)

In a F2P game, the development cost of the base game is put into the micro-transactions.

Also, I typically find new abilities to be more interesting additions than new maps. With a F2P game, you typically get new maps occasionally for free anyway.

Does anybody know what the LoL characters were priced at in the early days of the game? (Over time, older content usually goes down. You are paying a premium to have the character when it isn’t as common.)

(Ecano) #14

This is my main hobby so no major concern paying 10€ to have fun for a while. What I wouldn’t like is to se it more cheaper in the future.

(Chux) #15

I think pricing at this stage is stupid anyway. Now you cant event decently test the characters since they are so expensive. Almost 2 years of being in beta and what do we get ? the chance to spend cash on a unfinished game ?

(DarkangelUK) #16

[QUOTE=tangoliber;524275]You spent 29 to 60 dollars for the base game in CoD. (I rarely see those games go down further in price.)

In a F2P game, the development cost of the base game is put into the micro-transactions.

Also, I typically find new abilities to be more interesting additions than new maps. With a F2P game, you typically get new maps occasionally for free anyway.

Does anybody know what the LoL characters were priced at in the early days of the game? (Over time, older content usually goes down. You are paying a premium to have the character when it isn’t as common.)[/QUOTE]

People generally don’t take into account the price they paid when looking at DLC/item pricing… they look at the price then decide if it’s value for money regardless of how much the game cost.

(tangoliber) #17

People also complain about cost, but still pay up if they want it bad enough. :slight_smile:

(DarkangelUK) #18

True that, and given the general public as a whole, the masses would say 99p per merc was too expensive :smiley:

(Nail) #19

after thinking about this more and reading all the comments at Nexon, I decided the prices are probably real close to what they should be for release. The average player will likely have shed loads of credits by the time of release or even open beta, reward enough for the early access bunch.

(PixelTwitch) #20

I just want to be clear its not HORRENDOUS!!!

I just believe £4 - £5 per Merc makes much more sense…