Random feedback

(Ch4mpixx) #1

Hi, 7-8 month i haven’t play the game. I’ve back for the first steam ‘stress test’. I haven’t read the forums so i don’t know if u need some specific feedback, so it’s random feedback.

The gunplay is way more consistent that what i remember. I think the fall-off damage need to be

delete on low dmg weapon (like saw or phoenix basic smg). Please allow reload while running, it realy kill the ‘flow’ of the fight.The map amo create are awesome, especially in pub, but the ‘regen rate’ is way too slow. The number of bullet needed for finish an opponent on the ground is way to high, with saw i already need 7-10 bullet for finish : way too high.
Why there is still no friendly fire ? That will reduce the explosive spam. The mouvement are fluid, that’s a great improvement. Long jump and double jump are nice. It really feel like UT. But some merc speed is just too much, impossible to track at close range. We really need a indication of where is the closest medic when incapacitated, I have in mind the ‘lock cam’ of W:ET it work very good. It’s seems there is no limitation on merc ability (air strike, land mine, healing station …) so sometimes it’s become really messy (spam air strike at the last obj on whitechapel for exemple).
I’m actually close to lvl6, the playtime needed to unlock the ranked mode looks ok. We need description of loadout card when picking them in the lobby.

Sawbonez : I mostly play this char, i think is pretty ballance. Effective medic with low dmg weapon.
	Proxy : the land mine ability is nice, low time animation, long time 'loading', but i think 1 mine do a little too much damage.The move speed seems less insane, but still too fast at my taste.
	Aura : Healing station is clearly OP atm. Imo reduce the station health can be good. Be heal by a 

enemy station is always something nice.
Sniper (vasili if i remember correctly) : sensor is a great and useful ability. 1 headshot kill is ok but killl+gib is not !

Random idea on loadout card : why not a system for creating maps (for a gold cost) with weapons and 'power up' that is desired .

A card system has experience or we can choose a ‘power up’ by gaining levels.

Thank's for reading, sorry for bad english.

(Zarlor) #2

I agree with the amount of bullets to gib a downed player. It seems just a tad too excessive, however maybe if I was the one being gibbed it wouldn’t feel that way to me as I wait to be revived? I also agree with the frustration with the 1 headshot kill+gib of the sniper… Every time that happens to me I feel a little cheated that I was not only killed but gibbed. I have to admit that snipers are not useless in the game now though. It seems like in previous patches the maps felt too small and they didn’t really seem to be viable.

(tangoliber) #3

I always liked the excessive amount of time to down players…it’s a key element of what makes the game work, in my opinion. It keeps more people reviv-able, and increases the effectiveness of medics. It also increases the importance of ammo packs and ammo crates. Overall, it adds to the skill ceiling of “making decisions in chaos”, where someone has to choose between many options, such as shooting at the next target, reviving someone, knifing a downed target, or shooting a downed target from a safer distance. The winning sequence of actions will be different in many different situations, and reading those situations is a big part of what makes an Enemy Territory style game so good.

(kenpokiller) #4

Switch to knife and back to gun to reload few bullets for shotty or quit reloading when you see enemy.