Jumping snipers

(dommafia) #1

I know we’re going for arcade here but this is loony tunes level of jump shooting. Can this cause a 50% accuracy reduction or worst? That is all…

(Szakalot) #2

sounds like all this sniping is the bane of the US serv. cause I only saw one, maybe two snipers who tried to pull it off.

(Erkin31) #3

Oh no. It’s fun to be able to jump+shoot/snipe. Or better, walljump + snipe :slight_smile:

(titan) #4

ye jump sniping is fun!

(Zenity) #5

There is no sensible “reduction” of accuracy with snipers, you either hit what you aim at or you don’t. And given that choice, I’d prefer it stays accurate. There are better ways to balance snipers if necessary.

(Szakalot) #6

you can have the scope ‘wobble’ in the eyes of the sniper, still hit where you aim, but now the sniper has to adjust for the wobble : P

(Nail) #7

and any one can do it

(Mustang) #8

There is already a spread penalty for jumping, the problem is it isn’t applied whilst ironsighted.

(dommafia) #9

[QUOTE=Nail;523689]and any one can do it

[/QUOTE]

One shot rocket kills that anyone can do would still make it a ****ty situation.

(Zenity) #10

Yeah that’s a better option. Then again, I’d argue that aiming while jumping is already harder, so it’s not really necessary to artificially make it even harder. :slight_smile: Most modern military shooters do it more because it’s “realistic” than for balance reasons.

(PixelTwitch) #11

Jumping is over rated…

//youtu.be/kCu3zfw-AUI

(LiNkzr) #12

Jumping already sways your aim left or right randomly? and you need to compensate your aim for that a bit.

(prophett) #13

I’ve love to see a jump accuracy reduction across the board, especially for proxy/aura.

(tangoliber) #14

I think accuracy should increase on all weapons when jumping.

And all weapons should have railgun accuracy while wall-jumping. :slight_smile:

In fact, you should get an accuracy penalty for standing still or crouching.

(Zenity) #15

[QUOTE=tangoliber;523734]I think accuracy should increase on all weapons when jumping.

In fact, you should get an accuracy penalty for standing still or crouching.[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking.

(ragnak) #16

[QUOTE=tangoliber;523734]I think accuracy should increase on all weapons when jumping.

In fact, you should get an accuracy penalty for standing still or crouching.[/QUOTE]

If it comes with longer TTK i take it.

(dommafia) #17

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;523700]Jumping is over rated…

//youtu.be/kCu3zfw-AUI
[/QUOTE]

STOKER Kreygasm!

(playa) #18

There is nothing wrong with jump sniping. It’s the same as all the other people bouncing around shooting their shotguns.

(dommafia) #19

and im all for that **** to be toned down too.

(Zenity) #20

But this ain’t a tactical shooter… Aiming while jumping (or otherwise moving erratically) is already harder than aiming while standing still, so it’s not wrong to reward it.

It’s a shame that modern military shooters have devalued jumping to the point of irrelevance. Dirty Bomb is not that kind of game, and that’s a good thing. Learn to love your jump button, and it will love you back.