Random questions....

(Leki) #1

Just some stuff i’m wondering…if anyone one can answer one or more than please do :slight_smile:

1. what does “camera animations” on or off in the options do exactly?

2. When you have no missions left and it says waiting to accept more, I take it you just have to wait…if so how long does it take exactly for more to come back?

3. Does using iron sights improve spread / dispersion, or is it just the same as hip fire?

4. What are the damage modifiers for each parts of the body? for example is head x2? …does hitting legs etc do less damage than chest?

5. Are there any real weapons stats for the guns and items in DB? like for example http://symthic.com/bf4-weapon-charts?secondaries=1&allkcarbine=1&allkdmr=1&support=1&recon=1&assault=1&engineer=1&sort=Class&adsc=DESC

6. when does the mercs free rotation change?

7. Is there any way to spectate a certain player by default when i’m dead, for example if playing with a friend it would be good if i could default spec view to him instead of having to click through everyone until i find him.

8. This game is supposed to have demo replays server side right? has there been any info on that feature yet…be good to be able to download them and watch matches back.

(badman) #2

You’ll be able to get a new set of missions every 24 hours.

There’s nothing in the game right now, but weapon stats are planned.

(Mustang) #3
  1. I “think” this is to do with allowing the camera (player view) to become detached from your crosshair for certain animations, this should give it the feeling of being more immersive, at the cost of not always aiming “exactly” with the middle of the screen. I keep it disabled, which is why I’m not 100% positive.

2. To elaborate on what badman said, new ones seem to be appearing at around midnight UK time.

3. It goes Ironsight > Crouch > Hipfire. Ironsight also has the disadvantage of slowing your movement speed so you’re an easier target to hit, but it also doesn’t suffer from any “spread penalties” from jumping, for example.

4. Arms and legs used to do way less damage than currently, but they were recently buffed, I can’t remember the exact numbers, but something like: Head x2, Chest x1, Arms&Legs x0.8

5. They are still changing very regularly so no community members have (to my knowledge) have bothered keeping up with all the values exactly, I prefer to test by feel rather than theory craft, but when things are more stable I’m sure we’ll start to see them again, maybe even from devs (hint hint)

6. Good question, I’m not sure, weekly I’d guess, someone else can probably confirm.

7. Not currently, not a bad idea though, maybe even if it remembered who you last manually changed to spectate (i.e. ignore the automatic changes that occur if your friend dies)

8. Downloadable server demos is a planned feature, it’s not available today.

(Exedore) #4
  1. We don’t want to be quoted on this, yet. :tongue:

You’ll be able to extrapolate the pattern quickly enough, I hope!

(Ashog) #5

Not sure but isn’t there also higher recoil for IS? I remember Smooth or Anti possibly saying smth like that long ago, because it was a way to compensate for better spread with IS (and which imo was and is making IS in most cases useless nowadays). Also imho there was a difference between either spread or recoil modifier for IS between SMG and AR (AR low/normal recoil, SMG higher?). Tho I forgot everything already.
Pls correct me if wrong. Would be nice to refresh my knowledge on that.

(Mustang) #6

Last time I tested there was around 10-20% more recoil for ironsight over hipfire.

I’ve not done any tests comparing SMG to AR specifically so not sure about that point.