Help: Ways to record gameplay?

(Ecano) #1

How you record your demos?

Is there any software supporting 1080@60 without any lag?

Is worth to use a capture card?

(Glottis-3D) #2

I use shadowplay.

(Ecano) #3

Is there some FPS loss?

Thank you.

(Glottis-3D) #4

[QUOTE=Ecano;523538]Is there some FPS loss?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

i didnt notice any significant loss in performance.

(ragnak) #5

Shadowplay is great if you have gtx 6xx and above. There is almost no fps loss when using it and you will not lose content even if you forget to start recording as long as you have shadowplay enabled (up to 60 min).

If you do not have nvidia card you might check out msi afterburner (didnt like it a whole lot but its free), dxtory (pretty good but tricky to setup and its paid), mirillis action! (my favorite before shadowplay, paid) and obs (didnt test this one but i heard good things about it).

Quality wise shadowplay isnt the best but its good enough so thats my recommendation.

Nvidia: Shadowplay
AMD: GVR

(Ecano) #7

Yes, ShadowPlay works fine. I’ve made some records and have not noticed any issue. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

[QUOTE=Ecano;523584]Yes, ShadowPlay works fine. I’ve made some records and have not noticed any issue. :slight_smile:

Thank you![/QUOTE]

If you upload them directly to youtube they will be fine.
But if you try to edit them in a videoprogram, they will have audio-issues, since the FPS is variable (not constant). Therefor if you wanna edit, I suggest you download the free program “Handbrake” and convert to “high profile” (h264 mp4) with video set to constant rate. There is guides on the net if you wanna know more

(Ecano) #9

[QUOTE=JBRAA;523585]If you upload them directly to youtube they will be fine.
But if you try to edit them in a videoprogram, they will have audio-issues, since the FPS is variable (not constant). Therefor if you wanna edit, I suggest you download the free program “Handbrake” and convert to “high profile” (h264 mp4) with video set to constant rate. There is guides on the net if you wanna know more[/QUOTE]

I’ve played a bit with Corel VideoStudio X7 and the ShadowPlay captures with no issue editing. It shows 192Kbps in the ShadowPlay file properties…

[QUOTE=Ecano;523590]I’ve played a bit with Corel VideoStudio X7 and the ShadowPlay captures with no issue editing. It shows 192Kbps in the ShadowPlay file properties…

[/QUOTE]
192kbit is your audio quality, and 45000+ kbit is your video quality. Good settings, I record with ca 50Mbit too.

If you have a 2+ min clip, and play it in your videoprogram, like videostudio x7, you should notice that the video has not synced audio at the end of the video maybe.

If nothing is wrong at the end with the sound, then great! Cause then you have an editing software that can handle varable framerate (like 59-63FPS or similar) and still have synced audio.