20 hours game time and I am done.

(Spencley) #1

Seriously. You make a team based objective game which is awesome in a lot of ways. You have 1 major flaw.
You must reach a significant level before you can play with friends and queue with them.
20 Hours in I am still unable to play with my friends in matchmaking…
“But you can join the same server” Yes, Yes I can however this ****s up matchmaking and makes it pointless. Everyone is trying to play with there friends and as such matchmaking does not get to do its thing and the games end up seriously 1 sided.
I am out because I cannot play with friends with reliable matchmaking help…

Its because:

• Newbies in matchmaking ruin it a lot for experiences players (well for everyone basicly)

Thats why in some match making games (LoL, Dota2 etc) , you have much higher level (like 50-100+ hours of playing) you need to be before you can enter matchmaking.

However,
yes,
for non-matchmaking, it would be nice with lobbies there too :slight_smile:

Right now, be ready with your friend, select a server of your choice that is just half full, join, and then you will be on same server.

(Spencley) #3

That messes with match making and 1 side dominates. The work around just makes matchmaking and balance worse.

Its a team based game, I should be able to play with friends in casual from any level and be matched appropriately with other groups!

(INF3RN0) #4

No one playing atm seems to be interested in MM anyway, besides comp players. I think you’d be back to the server browser pretty quick heh.

[QUOTE=Spencley;523420]That messes with match making and 1 side dominates. The work around just makes matchmaking and balance worse.

Its a team based game, I should be able to play with friends in casual from any level and be matched appropriately with other groups![/QUOTE]

Nope, its the other way around.

Haveing to be a certain level / have a certain experience, means the player atleast know the basics of the game.

A match would be frustrating much more (other than losing), if you teammates dont even know how to change class, or where to go on the map.

In general, its a good idea, to accept that you lose some, and win some matches. No matchmaking settings can fix that.

What is good with matchmaking, is the rank, which makes people more willing to play focused / try to win.

In non-matchmaking, people can play how lazy they want, since they wont lose rank over it.

Do you have experience of match making from any other game(s)?

(Rex) #6

[QUOTE=Spencley;523418]http://www.reddit.com/r/Dirtybomb/comments/30ydus/20_hours_play_time_that_is_why_im_out/

Seriously. You make a team based objective game which is awesome in a lot of ways. You have 1 major flaw.
You must reach a significant level before you can play with friends and queue with them.
20 Hours in I am still unable to play with my friends in matchmaking…
“But you can join the same server” Yes, Yes I can however this ****s up matchmaking and makes it pointless. Everyone is trying to play with there friends and as such matchmaking does not get to do its thing and the games end up seriously 1 sided.
I am out because I cannot play with friends with reliable matchmaking help…[/QUOTE]

You post a link where you have posted the same post as in here? XD Makes sense…

While I agree with you about the need for a high level before being able to play match making at all, it’s just utterly silly to leave the game only for this reason. Because this is likely to change and is not something which is set in stone. You probably aren’t familiar with the state of DB as it’s more than just a beta where many things will be adjusted, re-worked and changed.

So I would like to invite you to stay in DB and perhaps start to bring up your problem once again, but this time with a better title than “20 hours game time and I am done.”. Better name it “Match making requires lvl 7 to play” or “Can’t play MM with friends on low lvl”. :wink:

[QUOTE=JBRAA;523419]Its because:

• Newbies in matchmaking ruin it a lot for experiences players (well for everyone basicly)[/QUOTE]

Makes no sense, because in cs:go it puts beginners with beginners.

And by the way don’t take the *****ing MOBAs as examples, better take a good fps game such as cs:go.

(Copyrights) #7

[QUOTE=Rex;523426]

Makes no sense, because in cs:go it puts beginners with beginners.

And by the way don’t take the *****ing MOBAs as examples, better take a good fps game such as cs:go.[/QUOTE]

csgo has like a million times the player base DB has. A minimum level requirements for comp MM is pretty much the only thing they can do to try to create balanced matches

(titan) #8

Lvl 7 is a bit extreme, at first I thought it was fine but now I’ve realized that the lvling up process has been made drastically longer, lvl 7 is actually quite a grind.

Ok it doesn’t compare to getting lvl 30 in LoL or something but it’s different in a bad way because

A) This game does not require nearly as much time to understand as a new moba
B) In LoL you can still match make with friends just unranked, can’t do that on DB
C) I think alot more players could get hooked if they can play match making faster and understand the fun of competitive play in this game with a rank on the line as opposed to 5 / 6 hours of pub play (f2p players get bored)
D) Not enough players in match making, is the service going to be dead on arrival?

[QUOTE=Rex;523426]Makes no sense, because in cs:go it puts beginners with beginners.

And by the way don’t take the *****ing MOBAs as examples, better take a good fps game such as cs:go.[/QUOTE]

Why so mad? No need to curse…

I personally prefer to have to play to level 7, so once I get there, I know my teammates arent totally new.

Mobas have much more experience of matchmaking algorithms / settings / etc. CS:GO is the newbie when its comes to MM.

(Rex) #10

I’m not mad at you, I just say they are bad examples.

Okay…I just proved your point wrong and now you come with “much more experience” ? Alright dude. XD

[QUOTE=Rex;523433]I’m not mad at you, I just say they are bad examples.

Okay…I just proved your point wrong and now you come with “much more experience” ? Alright dude. XD[/QUOTE]

Bad examples according to you.

I dont see my point proved wrong.

Its about taste.

I prefer the method of hours played to prove you are ready for matchmaking.
You or anyone else may prefer the method of instant-matchmaking access.

There is pros and cons with both methods.
However, it is true I believe, that mobas MM experience is relevant, since they face many similar challanges as in newer games who have MM. Older moba companies / devs have decades of more experience.

(ToonBE) #12

Just make public 5v5 MM and party MM available… 8v8 7v7 and even 6v6 is too much… Teams are often stacked cause people want to play with friends… You are saying enter an empty server, but today there were 6 EU SW servers all full… I actually could not play… Let alone “join an empty sercer with friend” not going to happen… It’s one big mess atm.

(Anti) #13

Right now parties only work with matchmaking and matchmaking is rank locked to ensures A) No smurfs and B) Players get used to the game before joining it, rather than getting crushed like they did during the stress test when it wasn’t gated.

This isn’t the final design for parties, we’re still in closed beta and have every intention to add parties for casual, joining via steam friends, server queuing and so on over the coming updates, it’s just not ready yet. Trust me we’re very keen to make playing with friends as easy as possible.

(Erkin31) #14

CS:GO is the newbie when its comes to MM.

What ? CS:GO is impressive for its matchmaking system.
Level 7 is too high for me (i’m forced to play for the grinding in order to be able to play to what I want…), level 5 could be better.

joining via steam friends, server queuing

I’m happy to read that.

True, but they are like 10 years late to the MM-game.

Rex gave me bad reputation with the comment: “so dumb”.

Can you stop rage, stop giving bad rep for something you dont agree on?

Skill rating systems have been around for a long time. Some games have had millions of players in them, and years to finetune them for different directions from the developers. CS:GO got matchmaking oct 2012. Yes, that is according to me, a bit late, and therefor is not the prime example to mention, according to me, when generally talking about MM.

(Mustang) #17

The thing is casual parties isn’t in the game at the moment, it’s currently for ranked matchmaking games only, the naming “Play With Friends” is a bit misleading as it makes it sound casual, but it’s not.

For casual games server browsering it with your friends is the best best right now and it’s available at all levels, maybe casual matchmaking and party support for it it will be a thing one day, but it’s not right now.

(Bloodbite) #18

[QUOTE=Spencley;523418]…
I am out because I cannot play with friends with reliable matchmaking help…[/QUOTE]

Am I really the first person to respond with the cold hard truth… doesn’t work like it should because “BETA”.

If you don’t get that this game is still incomplete and in production (that also means broken in parts)… you are making the right choice to stop playing and move on.

Give your input if constructive, understand they can’t just jump and fix what you want when you want… or go play a post release title where you can legitimately gripe about stuff that should be working when it’s not working.

(montheponies) #19

Agreed, strange way for a CB tester to react.

(Nail) #20

a lot of that on the other forums