Airstrike still lethal after match ends.

(NoSoup4U) #1

Hi there,

Congrats on going live; Been playing for two days, and I’m slowly getting back into the ET-spirit again :wink:
Besides one C2D, which is insignificant for the amount of time I played, the game seems to run flawless on my (low end) system.

However, a few bugs; some of which might be mentioned in other threads.

As per the title: I had a match end, where afterwards the spectator camera is aimed at the objective, and when the players can’t move anymore (just before the Win/Lose icon shows up);
a previously thrown airstrike grenade went off, and the resulting airstrike killed all the remaining enemies (in the affected area of the airstrike), which seemed to count towards the score of the player who threw it (as death messages showed up).
This somehow felt very cheap, and I’m not too sure how this was handled in previous TF-games by SD; I remember that airstrikes would still go off, but I’m not too sure anymore if it would actually kill any people (didn’t all players get teleported away from the gameplay area when the Match Review Screen showed?)
Anyway, it just felt a bit cheap, and not too sure if intentional or not.

Other than that one, a few minor bugs;

• Server filters don’t save: The server filters in the front end menu don’t save, and switch back to their default.
    I like to have some server filters enabled by default (such as not showing passworded or full servers), so having these settings save would be nice.

• Inability to choose the non-default Mercs in the Mercs front end menu (where you select the three Mercs): This only seems to be possible in the pre-match screen, where you have to lock in your classes.

• Death animation of character sometimes defies physics: I sometimes see character’s death ‘animation’ to be an upright standing position, with his knees slightly bend. It seems to mostly be the Engi character (forgot the name), though not sure if limited to that.
    Not too sure if this might have to do with my low end machine; I assume maybe the physics on the character models are then also simplified?
    Anyways, having had a closer look at it, it looks like it’s the stance that a character has once he’s killed against a wall (and as such has a bended-knee upright position), but if the player is not next to a wall, it looks very unnatural.

• I just got the 600 Credits for the Daily Objective for playing three rounds with Arty, whereas I was not playing with him (or the other airstrike dude) in my squad. Though since this is free monies, I’d suggest fixing this last :wink:
    Edit: Oh, apparently the dailies are broken atm.

Anyway, keep up the good work.