Server Full but Isnt

(spookify) #1

I think this is a known issue but I am really getting sick of playing 6v5!!

I have seen one where the servers was 7v5 and FULL!!

Please fix this ASAP!!!

(Violator) #2

Often if you click the server again to refresh it, the mystery player will appear so I would say its a ‘person is trying to join’ timing issue, though this is not always the case (i.e. ghost player). In the former case, the person trying to join should immediately reserve the slot until they leave / fail to join - if its just this then it needs to be a lot more responsive than it currently is. Not seen this issue in other game browsers.

(Naxxus) #3

There are so many ways this could be caused and our extra logging info didn’t provide us with anything to go on. I will discuss this with the programmers and see what our next step is

(Runeforce) #4

The obvious one is 17/16: DemoSpecRec.

(NeroKirbus) #5

I was playing a game last night where it was a 14 player server but there were only 10 people in it. My m8 couldn’t even join it even after relaunch or attempting to manually join. It was frustrating to say the least.

(Szakalot) #6

well, this bug has been around since forever, long before the demospecrec made an appearance.

I saw my own nick on a ‘full’ server i just had a d/c from a few times. Couldn’t join it either : D

(Violator) #7

Still here… :frowning:

//youtu.be/W32VJdDeqWk

(Naxxus) #8

[QUOTE=Violator;541851]Still here… :frowning:

//youtu.be/W32VJdDeqWk
[/QUOTE]

I know I am sorry :frowning: The extra info we put in wasn’t enough and I am still trying to figure out where to go next because I am very confused. I still haven’t been able to reproduce internally but I have some suspicions on what might be causing it. I will try and dig deeper into it this week (I still am looking into the stopwatch rules breaking as well which is taking up a lot of time) I will keep trying to figure it out! Let me know if you can find any extra info that has not yet been provided.

(Mustang) #9

Surely it’s related to dirty game exits which mean game servers aren’t registering/sending the disconnects?

Or what is your theory?

(shibbyuk) #10

Can’t help but notice attempts 2,3 & 4 somebody beat you to it.

(Naxxus) #11

[QUOTE=Mustang;541888]Surely it’s related to dirty game exits which mean game servers aren’t registering/sending the disconnects?

Or what is your theory?[/QUOTE]

There is a lot more behind the scenes that I am just starting to understand and look at but it takes a lot of time. I have looked a lot in to unclean disconnects and have never been able to reproduce it internally. It makes me think it is more an issue in the backend that sometimes fails but again I don’t know yet I am just speculating.

(Mustang) #12

I think it’s asking for trouble though if you only send the connects/disconnects rather than actually syncing up player counts, why not send the number of players on each connect/disconnect as well?

(spookify) #13

My personal opinion is that the Anti-Virus and the back-end aren’t synced and one other the other thinks the player is still in the server. (And or Steam and Window’s some how thinks you are still in there…)

(light_sh4v0r) #14

I know you’re being all constructive and stuff, but since when does an ‘opinion’ on the cause of a bug mean anything?

(spookify) #15

Should I have said my thought is that is…

(Szakalot) #16

I joined a 13/14 execution server that turned out to be max 6 players.

Oddly enough you could hear the map start taunts of the mercs that weren’t there. I could consistently hear a nader ‘on my team’ doing her ‘grenade launcher ignore it’ taunt.

(BMXer) #17

Maybe there was a spectator? I experienced the same thing at least once and just assumed someone was spectating. I could be wrong and I don’t think there is a way to tell who is spectating outside the lobby.

(neg) #18

it is most definitely not spectator related, AUS server yesterday said 12/12 in the server list, only had 2/12 people actually in the game

(Violator) #19

This issue is still not fixed after today’s patch :frowning:

Can’t join any server and they are all showing as (x-1) / x currently.

(Szakalot) #20

Lately a lot of servers tend to get stuck in odd-number amount of players. Particularly noticeable in SW 6v6 : where several games in a row get stuck in 5v6 sick situations; but it also happens in objective servers.

Could coincide with not being able to join a 11/12 or 15/16 servers due to them being ‘full’.