Some things that REALLY need to be looked at...

(PixelTwitch) #1

1, The weapons are inconsistent when it comes to where on the iron sights the bullets will land and some even change the position during a burst/spray. Some weapons have it so the bullets go just above the sight and others have it so it overlaps the site and some have it so the first bullet is over the site then the rest are overlapping. This makes it hard to switch to new weapons for no good reason.

2, Player movement still looks like its constantly stuttering in third person. I have done some slow motion recordings with Dirty Bomb and other games and out of all “Triple A” games and most F2P games I tested, Dirty Bombs is one of the worst. This makes predicting character movement difficult as changing direction during the stutter can result in in sharp changes of direction with no visible slowdown. This gets worse with ping as you would expect but its still pretty bad on very low ping servers.

3, Added input ignore time on certain abilities. A prime example right now is Fraggers nade. In previous builds you was able to tap the ability slot key and click straight afterwards to start cooking the nade. Now there is a chunk of time between pressing the ability key and being able to start the cooking. The overall time is not the problem. Just make it start cooking when that time is done if the primary fire key is held and don’t require us to re-click.

4, Felix sniper rifle needs to be lowered in damage by 1 point! Sure I understand that it was likely by design that it 1 shots an Aura but while the number of possible medics is limited to 2 overall and 1 if short on funds its all to easy to have snipers destroy Auras. If you insist on keeping the damage where it is then you should certainly increase the time between shots. right now the Felix is simply the better option as a sniper rifle regardless of its slightly longer times between shots.

5, Merc limits need to be put in place… Playing any map but especially Chapel vs 8 Skyhammers (yes this has happened a couple of times to me now) is not only a little broken but its horrible to play. Same when it comes to the current 3-5 Aura Zergs and losing cause 5 of your team decided it was a good time to play Sniper on attack.

6, Menu lag… Worst it has ever been for most people and borderline broken for Gsync users.

7, MG Nests… Not very fun to use, less fun to die to. Sure they are effective… They do their roles well at certain points. However they are also borderline broken when it comes to the way Mercs line up to be seen (final objective on train yard is the best example of this) they still break if you get revived on one, still too quiet, collision box is still to big and awkward to move around and jump over and they feel like they have been ripped out of “MyFirstUnrealProject.proj”. I know that sounds cruel but the recoil looks like lag and stutter, the feedback is horrible and it feels like there is so much RNG in even hitting people with them.

8, I get that ammo is heavier then a medic pack but the angle that a ammo pack is thrown makes it crazy difficult to do a decent throw to a team mate. Having to look to the heavens before throwing a ammo pack is very silly. I believe the ammo pack and med pack should have the same throwing style and distance to help with consistency and “Stuff”.

9, Like 8 but with a added concern about speed… landmines are just thrown far to quick to the point where I can often accidentally throw two. The main concern is just how janky this looks in action and in certain ways can make it harder to use. Also on the topic of mines, the position needs to be calculated on the client and then sent to the server because peaking to place one and have it land behind you because the server wanted to throw it at the wall you just peaked from is so frustrating. A way to keep some form of consistency would be to slow it down and then have it only switch to server once its trajectory has been calculated.

10, EV Damage… Weapons really NEED to do more damage to the EV. There was something epic about choosing to shoot the EV or the enemy and being able to break the EV after a full wipe that really added to the game. At the same time I believe that all field ops abilities should be nerfed vs the EV a little. A single air strike or molotov is just far too quick and becomes frustrating when you see a frag nade do so little in comparison. I believe the EV should be all about sustained fire and damage not 1 off ability bursts.

Rather then continue I will let these get some feedback first.

(potty200) #2
  1. Shotguns

2. Proxy - Still way too much to have for one merc.

3. Lack of mercs - 5 skyhammers sucks 5 proxies suck even more.

4. Aura’s station is still awful. It’ll be easier when nader is back.

5. In case, for the last 18 months you missed people saying, Shotguns.

(spookify) #3

I agree with everything said but player movement and gun balance are the biggest things for me right now… Player movment is currently broke imo! The acceleration of the mercs is crazy especially shot gun mercs.

The overall feel of the movement is also odd. Does doesnt feel as smooth as it used too and I want to pull my eyes out. When i say smoothness i honistly can not pin point what is wrong. I am getting a solid 155 frames but things still look jerky or there is to much noise or something. I hope this smoothness is a hogh priority!

(potty200) #4

To fix the shotguns it would be quite simple. Remove them from LIGHT bodied mercs and hand them to HEAVY bodied mercs. I think most people agreed when it was spoken about before but still we have rapid firing shotguns with mercs who bounce all over. As one of the “better” aimers in the game right now I find it a ball ache to play against. As a new player i’d uninstall.

(Erkin31) #5

It’s the best solution I think.

(ragnak) #6

Its hard to disagree with anything really but splash damage isnt known for player friendly approach, unless “echo” tells them to they wont do anything.
I would just add few things from myself:

1. Fragger - main weapon too good, -10 hp, wonky model (he is harder to hit than medium mercs, for me), backpack that cover head, easy to use fast as sanic invisibe nades and last nerfs didnt do anything, as if making cooking time and travel time longer was somehow hard.

2. Overall sound - When getting hit feedback way to loud, most audio levels are too quiet/too loud (far away shooting too loud and footsteps too quiet for example) and im not sure if directional ques works ok.

3. Machine pistol being better than most smg’s, whats even worse is the fact that its on sniper class, because having strong close range weapon on a sniper makes sense.

4. Auguments that affect footsteps volume (unless those were removed) - As if dirty bomb wasnt inconsistent enough, less screw up sound even more !

Whats sad is the fact that most of the things said in this topic was brought out months ago (if not more) but there doesnt seem to be any progress. Sound was bad, animations were bad, optimisation was bad and balance was bad, and some of those things are easy to fix and i still cant comprehand why it wasnt =/. Keep up the good fight but i wouldnt expect that they would change anything based on player feedback, sadly.

(spookify) #7

The impact of getting hit by a shotgun needs to scale better with the blood and hit feedback sound.

Raste video below is a perfect example of getting hit by a shotgun for 20 HP but yet it feels like you get hit for 80 HP. (Not to mention the choke point haha!) Should be a flag cap and not a plant! I miss flag caps and other objectives! This is SW! Why did you not take anything from one of thee most popular SW games in the world!

(Szakalot) #8

[QUOTE=spookify;523099]The impact of getting hit by a shotgun needs to scale better with the blood and hit feedback sound.

Raste video below is a perfect example of getting hit by a shotgun for 20 HP but yet it feels like you get hit for 80 HP. (Not to mention the choke point haha!) Should be a flag cap and not a plant! I miss flag caps and other objectives! This is SW! Why did you not take anything from one of thee most popular SW games in the world![/QUOTE]

very good point, nice to bring the example.

I’d like the red fog stuff scale with how close to death you are, like in - ha ha - cod games. So the super-red hue we see should only be there when almost dead, rather than based on getting hit or not.

I understand that SD wants to inform the player on when the regeneration starts or whatnot; but frankly in a game as fast as this it isnt particularly relevant info