Mute all chat?

cmd / cvar? Options?

Background:
Ignorant discussions in chat, disrupt game or fun.

:slight_smile:

(AssortedStuff) #2

Iā€™d suggest to make the cross team communication unavailable. Usually the reason to talk to the other team is to be toxic.
Make it so you can only talk to your own team in game (ā€¦maybe also in the lobby).

(Szakalot) #3

iā€™d liek the option to mute player specific chat. Mute only mutes voip

(Runeforce) #4

[QUOTE=AssortedStuff;523344]Iā€™d suggest to make the cross team communication unavailable. Usually the reason to talk to the other team is to be toxic.
[/QUOTE]

Worst idea ever. Trolling players are almost allways on your own team.

(Ecano) #5

QFT

+10 chars

(Anti) #6

You can open the scoreboard, click Mouse 2 to get the cursor, then left click on specific users to mute them. As far as Iā€™m aware Mute should do that playerā€™s text as well as VOIP, but there may be a bug there.

(spookify) #7

I have tried to do this and it doesnt workā€¦ My Mouse 2 is jumpā€¦

(Szakalot) #8

ive tried to shut an abusive player, but it only muted his VOIP

(PixelTwitch) #9

togglehud chat

in the console.

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;523402]togglehud chat

in the console.[/QUOTE]

TY!

How do I bind this to a toggle key?

ā€œbind F6 togglehud chatā€ ?

(Violator) #11

So that is what the ā€˜press space for cursorā€™ means (I have RMB bound to move forward) - it didnā€™t seem to do anything when I tried though.

(meat) #12

I have mouse 2 as jump also, but in the scoreboard it doesnā€™t matter. I right click on the score board and roll my mouse over the players name. left click on the name and the options for mute locally, and vote to kick come up.

(spookify) #13

Cool thanks I will try that! :smiley:

(Mustang) #14

The right click to show cursor need to be bindable, my right click is sprint, and guess when I want to be looking at the scoreboard the mostā€¦ when Iā€™m sprinting.