Initial Feedback

(montheponies) #1

OK glad it’s back, but spent most of my time tonight feeling incredibly frustrated.

• UI is laggy as hell, at one point I thought my computer had hung. Case opening was more like a powerpoint slide show than a roulette.
  • Server filter settings reset after each match.
  • Autobalance was pretty poor.
  • Lag was apparent on a number oif servers, with ping yoyo-ing from 50 to 150.
  • Aura, healing station still causes so much frustration.
  • Not read patch notes, but feels like Skyhammer’s magazine size has been reduced.

I’ll refrain from commenting on the maps, clearly not much is going to change now.

Sorry it’s not a glowing report - just think a lot of first time players are going to be put off by some of the above (UI and Balance in particular).

• Server filter settings reset after each match.

Please fix this :slight_smile: (make it save settings)

It has never worked.

(AssortedStuff) #3

Yeah, noticed the lag, server filter, Aura HS and maps.

(Erkin31) #4

The necessity to be level 7 for ranked games and to play with friends bothers me a lot.

(AssortedStuff) #5

I’m guessing it is for the matchmaker to have some info on your skill level so it knows who to pair you with.

(fubar) #6

That and the fact that you can only queue for ranked games, with friends. I don’t mind, I prefer “competitive” games any day. The problem however is that we tend to be 4 to 6 guys on TS any given time and would love to play or even queue up with each other. Competitive having no players, or queue times of 2 hours and pending… At the very least let us queue together for a regular Stopwatch game. Instead of having to go through the server browser, setting up the filters… again…, finding the right server and then having to bring up the server info only to enable auto-joining and watch as others get prioritized (possibly matchmaking people even, given the very slow instances of the auto joining being refreshed).

I’d hope this requirement is in place to avoid new players, inexperienced players, or players completely inept of using a mouse and keyboard to begin with, being put into competitive/ranked matches only to let down your entire team. There needs to be basic knowledge assumed before you let such player into “competitive” match making games. Sure you’ll have your ranks and everything, but would you like losing 20 matches in a row on a ranked system before you’ve even understand the different classes and objectives to a game?

As much as I disagree with ELO based systems in team games, I very much find the requirement of a certain amount of time played to play a ranked match a must. Look at League of Legends, they require you to be level 30, a task that takes some people MONTHS to get to before they can queue up for a ranked game, yet some would still argue that half the player base of those level 30s is a dog trained to operate a keyboard.

(meat) #7

woof woof!!

(Smooth) #8

We will have other methods for you to play with friends as soon as we can get it all implemented, tested and rolled out to you guys.

This is a big priority for us!