The card system

(slanir) #1

I’m not a fan of how the card system currently works. Some problems I find with it is the lack of modularity.
I would like to see:

[ul]
[li]Skins detached from cards, allowing you to choose freely between owned cosmetic items[/li][li]Let the player select which weapon to use for the merc (within the range constraints of the character)[/li][/ul]

To be honest I’d rather not have the card system at all. I would prefer to choose my perks, weapon and cosmetics on the characters I own instead of having to use these prefabricated cards. This way I can tailor the merc to fit my play style.

What are your opinions on the card system?

(AssortedStuff) #2

I completely agree. To the end user it makes no sense. (I hope it is just an overlook and not some evil scheme from the marketing department).

P.S.: Here is another thread on that subject.

(matsy) #3

I found it frustrating how to use the cards…

I would have thought it would have made more sense to allow the player to select one from the merc/card screens rather than having to be in game.

(ToonBE) #4

It is flawed I agree. There should be cosmetic cards and loadout cards. The system is even more flawed at this stage because you need gold to have 3 augments in loadout which means a looooot if grinding and practically makes it pay2win. I am not really positive after this update… It is bad imo!

(Ecano) #5

Whatever the direction with or w/o skins the interface must be improved.
-Allow to buy several items in a row and open them later also in a row
-Group the cards for mercenary in the menu, add favorite cards for mercenary, more flexibility…

I do not disagree with augments/loadouts rewards for experience in pubs but for competition don’t know how to deal with it.

(Tomme) #6

The card system I think is fine overall, but separating them into two, skin and loadouts cards is really what needs to happen, it would not lessen there income and would make the player experience that much better.

(ran93r) #7

The cards are nice and arty but it does seem like a backward step from the customisation we had in Brink.
Would have loved to have seen something like that here, choose a particular skin you have purchased and then select a loadout for the abilities/gear you want to play with.

I think I would still be happy keeping the card system for loadouts but spin off the skin selection to player options.

(PixelTwitch) #8

I and many other have been saying this since their first implementation… Seems they just wanna do what they wanna do and all we can do is watch it crumble around them.

(Tomme) #9

Ignore the first half of my post, quick rant here: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/1672/random-augments

(INF3RN0) #10

This HAS to happen. I don’t know of any successful and popular system that doesn’t allow this to happen in some form or another.

(Bloodbite) #11

+1 to separate cosmetics from loadouts/augmentations

(DB Genome editor) #12

The way the loadout cards are right now, you can’t even tell what cosmetics are coming with them if any. Except for the Gold and Obsidian cards you don’t see enough of the merc to get a any idea of the character skin and gun skins are nowhere to be seen even though some loadouts do have them. We need to be able to assign loadouts in the main menu (not just in the game lobby) and get a decent preview of what our merc will look like (with the proper weapons and skins).

(Inofor) #13

I don’t really care about separating loadouts and cosmetics but it would be nice to see more of the skin the loadout has in it. I kind of like this unified system because you see all sorts of skins, while with a separated system there would be skins that you would never see. Everyone would always be using their beta skins with the mercs they have them for.

Using the cards is frustrating because you need to join a lobby in order to tweak them. I often ready by reflex in lobby and then I can’t unready anymore to adjust my cards, even if the game isn’t even starting.

On the topic of loadouts: we need weapon stats somewhere. My friend and I are really confused with those, does a baseball bat do more damage up front than a knife? Does a burst weapon do more damage per hit than an auto one? For all we know it might be the opposite. That kind of stuff is hidden. That’s bad for this kind of game. These stats should be displayed with the card if possible, perhaps in a “click here to extend” way. “Hover over this to see stats” would be fine if done intuitively.

(Szakalot) #14

a) cosmetics have to be separated from gameplay mechanics

b) weapon is the primary choice for any particular loadout. I’ve got an awesome loadout for aura, but its running the green-dot SMG which i hate; so I’m never gonna use it, no matter the perks/secondaries/skins

• ability to trade weapons within a loadout/craft cards/etc. can be tied to loadout level. Say: Bronze - you can pick from a selection of secondaries, Silver - you can choose from two primary weapons, Gold - you can switch weapons around at will

(Alchemy) #15

I agree with most of this.

I don’t think they’re going to get rid of the cards, so hopefully they can have 2 slots(6 total) for loadouts. 1 for weapons/augs and the other for clothes and weapon skins. also would be nice if you get much more credits for matches, like 250, instead of the 100-150 we get atm.

(fubar) #16

Apart from the already mentioned seperation of cosmetic/weapon loadout/perks:

I reckon you plan on making them tradeable? These are essentially your CS:GO weapon skins/TF2 Hats. Lots of money to be made in them. Let players trade/sell/bet, create an economy around it. There’s your entire f2p model covered already.

(tangoliber) #17

I thought the whole point was so that you could instantly recognize what weapons/perks someone has based on their skin? I’m surprised that everybody wants to separate the two.

I like the idea of buying a complete character that contains a skin, weapon loadout, perk loadout…It feels more substantial than just buying a gun or a hat.

(Ashog) #18

Can’t care less about cosmetics or loadouts, i will select the merc card by his main gun anyways.

And it is simply not truth what ToonBE said about a lot of grinding needed for gold cards. Use trading and will get them fast. I already have 3 silver cards from trading of iron ones, so soon I will get a gold one or two.

(ToonBE) #19

[QUOTE=Ashog;523240]Can’t care less about cosmetics or loadouts, i will select the merc card by his main gun anyways.

And it is simply not truth what ToonBE said about a lot of grinding needed for gold cards. Use trading and will get them fast. I already have 3 silver cards from trading of iron ones, so soon I will get a gold one or two.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The trade up system is nice and I even received gold Skyhammer. The other problems however persevere. There HAS to be a distinction between cosmetic cards and load out cards and players should be able to trade cosmetic cards between them. As mentioned above allow crafting as well! 4 golds + 5000 credits = custom card where you can choose gun and augments. I hope the devs are reading this post and seriously consider about implementing this. They still have time;)

I also feel the lead to gold is sooo lame… I much more prefered the artefact and legendary etc… This probably means that player rankings will also be lead to gold… I hope they change this into something more fitting the dirty bomb setting and be a little more creative!

(Ecano) #20

I propose loadouts cases/cards only for gameplay experience and mercs unlocks/cosmetics for cash.