bridge... whyyyyyyyyyyyy

(titan) #1

why would you not use bridge alt??? everyone enjoyed it more than the original??

The current version last obj is so idiotic, ok they’ve just wiped us and are tryna deliver better stop them, o wait they’re running towards their spawn and away from ours… alrighty then.

:frowning: why??? you had so many months to change this map and nothing it’s like you don’t even listen to us at all :frowning:

(BioSnark) #2

Well, I can’t disagree with that. I think most of the objective areas are quite boring. Bridge final objective versus Ark final objective, for instance. There’s a lot more than a bare bones floor plan with walls going on in Ark, even though it is also a single floor. Compared to Ark, refinery north or the nexus were a lot more interesting but they were also multistory. Damn it, I’m imagining copypasting the nexus room into that building, now :frowning:

(Glottis-3D) #3

we all have similar wet dreams =(((

(Szakalot) #4

you mean the slipgate core? Aye, that’d be a sweet area to fight in, just think of all the turret, mine , healing station placements; plus people jumping around n walljumping, full on quake style

(Glottis-3D) #5

stop it guys, i have an erection

(jazevec) #6

I’d totally play a map that is a top-down scroller instead of sidescroller. The attacking team starts at the bottom (a tower, perhaps?) and has to make its way to the top.

The fact those maps are all based on London doesn’t help. While it’s a huge and diverse city, we just won’t see some things, like more natural areas, outdoors, wilderness. ET:QW maps were more distinctive. No volcano in London! No snow maps (so far). No desert. No forts, barns and bunkers like in Radar.

(Violator) #7

The last obj needs to be removed or replaced with the bridge-alt version. Its an auto-win for attack once they get the objective (and the second one is pretty much guaranteed right after).

(Rémy Cabresin) #8

50% true. For most public play you are correct, but for competitive play a couple of good matches have proven that you can get control of that container as the defenders.

I’d like to see pub and comp versions of maps that need it. Bridge’s current version is great for competitive, but for public play it’s horrible. Same goes for Trainyard imo, for competitive I’d say remove the whole final objective but for public it’s an okay stage that adds some time to the map.

(jazevec) #9

The trick seems to be guarding the container, not the pickup zone. You need to be standing in the open to deliver it.

I think even on pubs players will learn, and the metagame will evolve. You just need to lure them, for example by placing health station there, and they will happily camp it. The zone is also easy for snipers, and pubbers love to snipe.

(Mustang) #10

Guard the area next to their spawn, not next to your spawn, totally makes sense…

(Szakalot) #11

[QUOTE=jazevec;531745]The trick seems to be guarding the container, not the pickup zone. You need to be standing in the open to deliver it.

I think even on pubs players will learn, and the metagame will evolve. You just need to lure them, for example by placing health station there, and they will happily camp it. The zone is also easy for snipers, and pubbers love to snipe.[/QUOTE]

what mustang said; there is no way you can consistently hold the container area; resulting in team wipes and easy pickups

(BioSnark) #12

Like many ETQW objectives had, the last objective needs to take time to open so it isn’t hugely variable depending on good or bad defense spawns.

(Szakalot) #13

most objectives in the game should benefit from that really

(Violator) #14

Grrr Chapel last obj :frowning:

(Glottis-3D) #15

[QUOTE=titan;522941]why would you not use bridge alt??? everyone enjoyed it more than the original??

The current version last obj is so idiotic, ok they’ve just wiped us and are tryna deliver better stop them, o wait they’re running towards their spawn and away from ours… alrighty then.

:frowning: why??? you had so many months to change this map and nothing it’s like you don’t even listen to us at all :([/QUOTE]
i do not know why. mb they think that no textures make it worse for the game than idiotic objective.
that is so wrong.

(prophett) #16

Can someone from SD comment on this? When can we expect to see Bridge alt again?

(PixelTwitch) #17

[QUOTE=Glottis-3D;522950]i do not know why. mb they think that no textures make it worse for the game than idiotic objective.
that is so wrong.[/QUOTE]

if it is really because of the lack of textures and stuff… that’s worrying.
Splash Damage originally went to blockout maps to enable rapid changes based on feedback.

But now cause its opening to the masses all the real closed beta stuff is gone?

(ToonBE) #18

I am not positive either… Hope it gets better next update

(Szakalot) #19

Simple change to bridge last obj:

once an objective is taken an automatic alarm closes off the main door (shortest delivery route)

Door can be forced with enough firepower (like Dome walls), or the objective carrier has to walk around from either side to deliver.

(BomBaKlaK) #20

Bridge alt was much better …