Blizzard adresses their HotS beta testers

(tokamak) #1

EDIT: I just saw Silvanoshi’s post about his departure after I posted this. These two topics are entirely unrelated.

Just found this on the Blizzard forums. I think it’s in a way reassuring that all communities are dealing with the same kind of situations. Take from it whatever you want, obviously there’s no single right approach to these things. It’s also worth keeping in mind that Blizzard’s ‘alpha’ is more like a semi-closed beta, much easier to get into and already being played like it was a fully fleshed out game including an e-sports scene and highly active reddit community.

Hey all, apologies for the late response. We wanted to make sure we had some tangible information to provide before responding.
First, let’s talk about Sylvanas. She will be coming out next week, alongside the new Battleground: Tomb of the Spider Queen. We’re looking at the beginning of the week, but this timeframe may shift if any issues arise, and we’ll be sure to let you know if that happens.
Second, we want to increase our communications about what’s occurring internally. We have two blogs coming out this week to help with that task. For the first blog, we’ve altered our past series, Developer Insights, to become more of a “Heads up” type of article. We’d like to let you in on some of the changes we plan to make, and what you can expect from the next patch. It won’t detail all of the changes we’ll be making, but will include some of the highlights we think you’ll find interesting. You can find the first of this new series here.
Our second blog, mentioned above, is a new series that we’re planning to revisit every couple of weeks. These blogs will focus on some of the topics that consistently surface around the community. The first one will debut tomorrow, and it’ll focus on tighter matchmaking, performance improvements, and toxicity. Make sure to keep providing feedback so that we can continue to address topics that are important to the Heroes community.
The development team is aware of the concerns you folks are bringing up in terms of releasing game content more quickly. We agree, and are talking about how we might be able to speed things up. However, there are limits on how much we can accelerate the processes we have. We truly believe in an “It’s ready when it’s ready” mentality, and hope it creates a better overall experience than rushing content out.
Your feedback has been helpful, and I want to assure you that your posts in these forums are read and discussed internally. Your feedback matters. It has helped shape Heroes into what players are enjoying today. Thank you for this thread, as like other posts in these forums, it has been for the better of the game.
We love Heroes of the Storm, and will strive to continue making it the most awesome experience possible, as many of you have come to expect from Blizzard games.