What about a double card system?

(ToonBE) #1

Now we have only have one type of card: the loadout-card. The main ussue with these is that they are connected to cosmetic skins.

I think it would be a good idea to seperate them into two different types of cards: either is the loadout-card with the augments as we now know it and still named uncommon, epic, artefact,… The other types of cads are cosmetic-cards that just include a certain skin for a certain merc. Those two cards can both be assigned to the compatible merc: you chose your load out AND you can add a skin.

Advantages:

• unlimitted possibilities of skins because not attached to a legendary, artefact,… load out.
  • a very “rare” cosmetic card can be worth a lot of money
  • load out cards are craftable: money!
  • trade fee on trading or selling fee on selling both loadout-cards as cosmetic-cards: double the amount of money that can be made!
  • cosmetics can be used separately from loadouts
  • etc… (sure there are more advantages)

It may be a bit of work to change the system and UI, but I think that effort is well worth it! This would increase the possibilities of making money and adds to the depth of the game in general.

What do you guys/devs think of this idea?

(AdamHankes) #2

cosmetics can be used separately from loadouts

• etc… (sure there are more advantages)

yea , i like that way to go

(ToonBE) #3

This forum is far too quiet! Sneaky devs have probably reopened founders testing and founders forum!

(tokamak) #4

I could indulge in teasing with that but nope, no founders testing going on.

(ThiagoScala) #5

this is the best ideia ever !!!

we need a skin card only !!

(Glottis-3D) #6
  1. detach skins from Augments
  2. delete weapons from cards (put them in the Mercs customization)

(Szakalot) #7

i think augments should be tied to weapons. For example, you should never allow faster reload for Fragger’s LMG, but his AR faster reload is fine. etc.

(spookify) #8

Just let us craft them so we can get the augments we want…

Skins can be tied to the cards but we can craft augments or change them if we do something… Burn a Card to have the ability to craft or change an Augment.

I am pretty distort that my founders card and Beta tester cards with the limited skins are never going to be seen due to junk augments.

I think we have voiced our opinion hard on this issue and I hope SD is maybe looking at a second Augment/Perk system…

• Again one of the best example I can think of is Diablo 3 when you get a Legendary Drop (Before RoS) and it didnt have a socket so automatically JUNK! RoS listened to the public and got rid of the Real Money auction house and allowed you to re-roll Items… Augments in DB are not as powerful as items in D3 however so why couldnt you re-roll all 3 perks in DB?

Augments and Maps are some of the biggest issues right now… However I am getting much more feedback about how Blaaaa the maps are because Augments/perks really dont play a big part in the game because they are for the most part useless, unless you get a mechanic or Heal perk.

(Glottis-3D) #9

same here…

(DB Genome editor) #10

Either have separate skin card drops as per OP or treat the skins on the current cards as unlocks: the more common cards only contain a weapon and augment loadout while the rarer ones / those in locked crates give you access to the skin that is on them as well, which you can apply to your merc independently with any loadout you own.

I guess you could also keep the cards as-is and select a pair to customize your merc, a loadout one and a skin one. But to me it would look messy to have a card with both loadout and skin determining only your loadout (skin part is ignored) and another one determining your skin (loadout part ignored) :rolleyes: