A Changing of the Guard

(Silvanoshi) #1

Hello everyone

I come to you today with both good and bad news….but mostly good ;), so let’s start with that. Splash Damage has a new Community Manager! He deserves his own introduction thread which I’m sure he’ll bring online soon enough, but for the time being I’ll say that he seems to be a great addition to the studio.

While having two Community Managers on-board might sound like a great idea, that does wander into the realms of overkill. I’m saying farewell to the studio, and you guys as Splash Damage’s Community Manager. My time here has been absolutely fantastic, I’ve had a blast and am very much looking forward to the future of Dirty Bomb.

You guys may not know this, but I actually bought into Dirty Bomb as a Founder well before this position popped up. I’m been a big fan of Splash Damage and the way the studio operates for quite a while, and my time here has only cemented that feeling.

Once Dirty Bomb comes back online I’ll certainly be jumping in-game as a player on a regular basis, although I’ll likely be using the Steam username Chris. Utterly unique I know, you’ll be able to tell it’s me by the fact that I’ll be roflstomping all over everyone else on the server…especially Toomic (one can always dream, ehh?) :P.

With that said, I have no doubt that our next Community Manager is a great addition to Splash Damage. He’s been a pleasure to chat with, and based on some of his previous work, is bringing some interesting talent to the table :).

My thanks go out to all of you for making my job as easy you could. I said it when I first jumped onboard and I’ll say it again. The core SD community is one of the best I’ve come across, let alone had the pleasure to work with. Thank you all for welcoming me into the fold with open arms, it has been an absolute pleasure.

I hope to see you guys in-game soon.
Cheers,
Chris “Silvanoshi” Murphy

(PixelTwitch) #2

<3

The feels dude!
Good luck in future!

Any chance you could let us know where your going next?

(Silvanoshi) #3

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;522567]<3

The feels dude!
Good luck in future!

Any chance you could let us know where your going next?[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, I’m going to miss you guys!

I can’t tell you just yet what’s next up for me, but I’m sure I’ll mention it on Twitter when the time comes.

(spookify) #4

But but but but but… Awwww

Good Luck!

I am glad that you are going with Chris much easier to spell then Silvhanoshishi haha

(light_sh4v0r) #5

But you just joined? :frowning:
Good luck dude!

(Nail) #6

Best of luck lad, it’s been a pleasure

:riflenade:

(Loffy) #7

All the best for future endeavours!
:stroggtapir:

(Mustang) #8

All the best and don’t be a stranger!

(DarkangelUK) #9

All the best dude, been a pleasure bantering with you on IRC!

(Silvanoshi) #10

Thanks guys! It’s been great getting to know you on the forum/irc. I’ll be sticking around until Thursday, although there’s a bit of a press event taking place tomorrow so I won’t be super active then.

(Szakalot) #11

press event?

Could it be the release of a new build? : )

Good luck with life etc. etc. !

(INF3RN0) #12

Moving to warchest team? Seems to be the way of the SD community manager.

(rookie1) #13

I’m kind of sad reading this .:frowning:
Well, you did a superb job honestly !

(amazinglarry) #14

I feel like you just got here though! (Because you sort of did). You’ve done a great job though, it’s sad to see you go. Best of luck with everything!

(Ashog) #15

Sad news but obviously for the better of yours. Good luck mate, was a pleasure!
Also hang on in the game when it comes out.

(Pytox) #16

Ow too bad :frowning: good luck on your next quest tough! :cool:
May the strogg be with you :stroggflag:

(Bangtastic) #17

wherever your journey takes a stop, the place shall be prosperous and fruitful :smiley:

(Paul) #18

Plottwist: badman back as CM!

Chris, it was a great pleasure having you here. Wish you all the best with your new adventures. And don’t worry, we’ll make sure to keep stalking you and annoy you in-game.

(Silvanoshi) #19

Thanks again guys, the kind words are always appreciated, and I do look forward to bumping into you guys in-game. Today is my last day here, so if I don’t quite manage to get a response to you after the day is out, try not to hold it against me as I’ll be saying farewell to this account.

(tokamak) #20

Is there another account which we can follow? Either way, thanks a lot for everything.