The Toturial

(tinker) #1

Hey Guys
Just bought tempo and already have a major issue

I played through the toturial 3 times, still got no idea how “Focus” works - or what I have to do

the “aim” thing is self-explaining, so is the strength task

focus says something like trace the line , don’t lift your finger

I clicked 3 times on a different spot, always having a fail (no chance of holding, tracing or anything at that point)

had no problem with toturials in other games yet, kind of familiar with all kind of games in the appstore.

anyone able to explain what I have to do on “focus” task?

am I the only one having trouble with this?

with friendly regards
me

(Silvanoshi) #2

[QUOTE=tinker;522419]Hey Guys
Just bought tempo and already have a major issue

I played through the toturial 3 times, still got no idea how “Focus” works - or what I have to do

the “aim” thing is self-explaining, so is the strength task

focus says something like trace the line , don’t lift your finger

I clicked 3 times on a different spot, always having a fail (no chance of holding, tracing or anything at that point)

had no problem with toturials in other games yet, kind of familiar with all kind of games in the appstore.

anyone able to explain what I have to do on “focus” task?

am I the only one having trouble with this?

with friendly regards
me[/QUOTE]
Hi Tinker,

Apologies for the delayed response, I was out of the office late last week.

The fact that you’re finding that confusing is great feedback. For that particular event, all you have to do is put your finger on the starting point, keep your finger on the screen, and swipe to your finger to the next point(s), without removing your finger from the screen. Do it within the timeframe and you’ll complete the mission :slight_smile: !

(.FROST.) #3

Little hint there; the starting point is always kinda marked/looks different than the other points on the circuit, even before the snake-like thing starts running through the circuit switches.

(tinker) #4

ok, i kind of got it now, maybe more info in the toturial would be great

like an Extra Slow Motion part, where it is explained WHEN exactly your supposed to HIT (and WHERE [arrows do a great job here], WHEN hitting is a fail and WHEN it earns you the best time + in which area it is NOT a fail, but earns you “normal” time …

like on focus I still don’t get the right timing WHEN I may touch the screen because as soon as the “Trace” appears does not work, It’s more like half a second after the trace appears, but I don’t see a good indicator for that

and on “aim” I have no idea where the MOST perfect area is, or if “perfect” is always “perfect” with the exact amount of time
e.g. the yellow “perfect” ring/zone has a little brighter space at the OUTSIDE , is it better to hit HERE (harder, because a little sooner and it’s a fail) or just SOMEWHERE in the yellow zone??

The last thing
the time you get or lose is a little confusing
If you hit perfect (instead of anything else) do you GET time, or just lose LESS ?
If I remember correct from the toturial the woman always says something else…
“it will take up less time” “the faster … the more time you GET” …
so what now… take up less or GET … It will lead to the same result - that you HAVE more time for everything else, but consistant explanation is waaayyy better

Maybe a Bigger indicator on your overall time with a green, yellow or Red Negative number (the time you lose for each event) would be more explaining.

2 more things I would like to feed back

1. an explanation is somehow neccessary on why I have to rush all the time WITH A MAXIMUM TIME LIMIT
    I mean, the psychopath says something like 24 or 48 hours, but why exactly do I have to kill 3 guys within 15 seconds or less if nothing else really happens there??
    e.g. the toturial, you get like 25 seconds to master the path, have like 5 seconds left if you did perfect on everything, but still got like 30 seconds to defuse the bomb, while our character needs like 5

sometimes a COUNT would fit more than a COUNTDOWN

1. thing
    the toturial needs 1 or 2 more sentences… the scene made me go wild…
    the cool guy drives slowly on his awesome bike, chills and looks like boss for 2 seconds, flirts with his lady
    and suddenly for no reason starts running
    like duh
    and then we already have trouble with the time…

when the guy drives in, he could say something like “it’s too quiet, they gotta be here”
and why doesn’t the lady just say “we tracked the bomb signal, it is 100 meter ahead, you gotta rush” - or something
this would give the first scene like 200% more sense.
maybe also at the end BEFORE he opens the van the lady could say “the signal is to your right” or “the signal appears to come from the van” … just anything

you know, the first impression is always the most important on Apps and Games
and a totally consistant and self explaining toturial with perfect sense will leave a good impression.

hope it helps

with friendly regards
me

(system) #5

I like the slow-motion fighting scenes like the ones we know from CoD and Battlefield campaign althought it seems to me to be an indicator towards a single-player lean six sigma