My Feedback.

(Jamieson) #1

Hi guys Jamieson here, so I’ve played a few games now and feel I can give some SD some useful feedback that should hopefully help them.

The Good:

[ol]
[li]The art style. [/li][li]The team/class/objective central game play. [/li][li]The Soldier, Medic, Engineer and Covert ops seem to be well balanced. [/li][li]The Ghost feature is awesome. [/li][li]The gun sounds for the most part rock. [/li][li]Weapon switching is fast and easy and I like that grenades have their own dedicated place on the weapon bank once again. [/li][li]Being able to track kills, deaths and assists is very useful. [/li][li]The Sprint system is nice for the most part. (Would be nice to be able to sprint in combat like W:ET). [/li][li]Hip firing is good and not so gimped that you have to rely on Iron sights all the time. [/li][li]Grenades are reasonably powerful and travel a decent distance. [/li][li]The HUD isn’t overly cluttered. [/li][/ol]

The Bad:

[ol]
[li]The mouse aiming feels off although I’ve gotten better at shooting now I’m starting to get used to it. [/li][li]No spawn timer whilst alive; it’s important to know when the next respawn is so you know when to push and when not to. [/li][li] The Field ops feels weak. [/li][li]Auto join and auto assign as soldier is annoying when joining a sever mid game since you have to kill yourself and respawn as your desired class, which also effects your stats, which again is annoying if you’re someone who cares about this. [/li][li]Crouching should be quieter than running. [/li][li]Head shots don’t give hit sounds like leg and torso shots do. [/li][li]No VOIP (I know it’s only Alpha so hopefully SD will introduce this in the future). [/li][li] No controls for the mini map (again minor and hopefully something SD will implement later). [/li][li] Not being able to use weapons on carry objectives. [/li][li] Map design. [/li][/ol]

Main suggestions:

[ol]
[li]Take the Assault Rifle away from the Field Ops and give them a SMG like the medic but give them some form of artillery support like W:ET, that way they’ll be able to play more defensively as well as attack. The artillery doesn’t even need to be that powerful, just annoying enough to act as a deterrent to an area for a set amount of time. [/li]
[li]The maps at the moment are too defensive oriented and need to be balanced to fix this problem. (Contradictory to my previous point but not a problem if maps are designed with the Field ops artillery in mind). The biggest offender of this is London Bridge since the E.V moves too slowly or has too far to travel, or in this case both, with there being too many places to camp or ambush people from. Basically it’s just a shoot fest. [/li][/ol]

What else I’d like to see:

[ol]
[li] More social features. [/li][li]More support for clans and competition. [/li][li] Perhaps a TDM mode just to help keep those not so keen on OBJ style game play happy; this was one of the biggest criticisms of Brink, and something even Wolfenstein had. [/li][/ol]

Hope it helps,
Jamieson.

(OwNLY) #2

About the mouse movement we already have a thread here, you are not the only one who has problems with that.

About the FOPS, he already has an airstike grenade.
Throw it and a few seconds later an aircraft comes and carpetbombs the **** out of the area around the nade.

Head shots don’t give hit sounds like leg and torso shots do.

They have a darker “ping” sound than the rest of the body.

(Jamieson) #3

[QUOTE=OwNLY;445509]About the FOPS, he already has an airstike grenade.
Throw it and a few seconds later an aircraft comes and carpetbombs the **** out of the area around the nade.
[/QUOTE]

I’m aware of the airstrike beacon but the airstrike is a relatively quick attack while artillery would be a more prolonged but weaker form of attack.

(OwNLY) #4

Ah, now i understand your point :smiley:

There is another FOPS-Class (which was playable before you joined the alpha).
This class can lasertarget for an artillery strike, just like you described it.

(en2ie) #5

[QUOTE=Jamieson;445507]
[li] Perhaps a TDM mode just to help keep those not so keen on OBJ style game play happy; this was one of the biggest criticisms of Brink, and something even Wolfenstein had. [/li][/QUOTE]

SD must have removed the TDM servers - but I expect they will return sometime.

(Mustang) #6

Placeholder hitsounds are in a desperate need of an update.

I’m still holding out hope for custom hitsounds and a lot more volume controls for several different sound assets (hitsounds being one of them).

(Jonny_Hex) #7

Really good feedback Jamieson. Thanks for making such a succinct and honest post. No time to respond to each point, but nice to know that many of your opinions reflect ours, and what others are saying.

(Jamieson) #8

Thanks Jonny_Hex; the fact members of SD are listening to the community and taking in their feedback is a big reassurance to myself, and I guess others too since I’ve been hearing other Alpha testers commenting on that as well.

(Kendle) #9

There are headshot hit-sounds, they’re just not the higher pitched “ding” you’re used to.

Do not under any circumstances take the AR away from Field Ops, it’s a key concept of this game, and a very important one IMO, that each class has different weapons.

The maps however are very defensive biased, the whole game is, with too short spawn times, too long to do the objectives by comparison, the EV is way too slow, and the carry objectives, both the mechanics and the routes taken, are terrible.

(Ashog) #10

Jamieson, you might want to check this RoadMap thread:

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/35117-DB-Feature-Road-Map

a lot of points are described by SD as planned for the future in there.

(Humate) #11

Fops AR is more about weapon control and reflex aim than it is about tracking.
I would say its the most consistent multi-kill weapon in the game, its very HS dependant.
Medic SMG, hasnt really demonstrated that multi-kill capability on a consistent basis… yet