Quickchat

(BomBaKlaK) #1

So it’s really boring to need to wait 3s every time you want to use the quickchat, spam protection is a bit to much. I think be able tho chain 3 or 4 times the quickchat on the fly, then a 5sec waiting for spam protection or something like this can be much better, you can ask different things at the same time.

(Protekt1) #2

Speaking of quickchat…

Cough… mad annoying. Also goes to the opposing team.

In fact, I would greatly prefer to never hear any quickchat voice overs from the opposing team. It is quite easy to abuse and be annoying with.

(Mustang) #3

Would be nice if it ramped up spam protection rather than having phasers set to kill from the get go.

(Protekt1) #4

In public matches I have half a mind to say don’t even let cross team chat. These days trolling and harassment over video games is a big turn off to a lot of people. Maybe just add an option to mute all oppponents and and then even one to mute all teammates, in case you’ve just had enough and just want to play the game without seeing toxic chat messages.

Probably don’t have to go as far as stopping cross team chat, but being able to both mute people’s text and v-chat options is absolutely necessary.

(Mustang) #5

This is the entire point of taunting, which has been a thing since forever…

That would be the more sensible solution to avoiding trolling and harassment for people that are easily offended or just want a break from it.

(amazinglarry) #6

Not a fan of the current vsay cooldown either – It’s almost trained me to never bother using it, since I typically chain a few things together (need a medic, thanks). Also, are there any class identifying vsays? Didn’t it used to be v6, or have I just missed it? I want to make it very clear that “I’m an engineer” when repairing the EV, so go do some assaulting…

Also I’m probably biased but I’ve always enjoyed the cross team vsays. Gotta take the good with the bad sometimes.

(Inofor) #7

I agree that having a spam cooldown (3 vgs in a certain time period allowed) would be better. I’d also like the ability to rebind my vgs to be more tribes-like because the numbers feel quite clumsy considering you start a vsay with v. There’s no point in hitting v42 for “Ammo!” if you can use vva instead.

(dommafia) #8

I wouldn’t like that system because at least now after you hit V u can still use your other keyboard keys to move, etc even if you don’t press the numbers for a vsay. With your way of doing it I wouldn’t be able to decide to keep moving without having to cancel the vsay process first.

(Szakalot) #9

why not have both?

I’d love to see QW’s radial menu brought into DB and customizable, alongside the already present quickchat

(Ashog) #10

agree with op