Mini feedback from last beta

(Leki) #1

So played about 12 hours on dirtybomb on the weekend just gone, mainly with a friend,

-Need friend colours in game so I can improve teamwork and communication with my mates better http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/41475-Friends-list-features-(colours)

-mini map could be improved with locations of ammo or medics etc when I need them

-need a way to allow ammo packs be on the other ability slot or I can not play ammo guys http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/41476-Ammo-ability-swapped-on-Skyhammer-and-Arty-(

-proxy mines are annoying heh…feels like the explosive damage was increased a lot since I last played, I get killed by them often and my mate hates them, probably my fault most of the time but I rarely seem to be able to hear them, does the sound they make get drowned out by other sounds? For example in Battlefield some sounds take priority over other sounds and stop them from being able to be heard. Also when I shoot a proxy mine should the explosion not trigger and detonate the other mine next to it. On terminal map when shooting mines that were inside the 2 objectives that you need to place C4 on, then it will not detonate the other one next to it.

-My mate used F to revive with shock paddles (which is bad i know) but he got annoyed that he could not revive me inside places where you place C4 as that took priority over reviving he said.

-Should be able to change loadout in the mercs menu and not only from a lobby

-I saw very few bugs, few glitches with bodies, i was unable to knife an enemy on the floor that was stuck on some boxes, and also my teamates body was invisible once but i could still revive him. also spectated a player and he had an invisible gun in his hand. twice after finishing a round i came back to the lobby but could not see it, I could just see the background and the bar along the top that shows my name and settings button etc.

Anyway looking forward to the next one :), is our progress still going to be reset?

(Mustang) #2

Have some stars.

(ToonBE) #3

Ofcourse proxy mines are annoying:p I almost never get killed by them though. They have this huge red circle around them and they make noise. In my oppinion those things could be more subbtle because after a while mines will become useless.

(spookify) #4

I played only a few matches in this last MM and didnt have Fragger or Proxy unlocked and felt useless!!!

(Silvanoshi) #5

Thanks for the feedback Leki, you’ve touched upon some points that’re already on our radar, as well as one or two that could probably do with bumping up the priority list.

EDIT: Also, progress will be reset, yup.

Clearly that’s just because you’ve no idea how to play the game, and’re just too much of a noob :P. Learn to play! I had a blast rocking it as Sawbonez :stroggbanana:

(spookify) #6

Ouch haha! I do in fact blame my team a little bit because they really didnt do anything and yes I was Saw and yes I was owning and reviving. However I couldn’t carry the objective as Saw. I was up against (on Train) 2 aura’s and 2 Proxys (The last was swaping classes). We got through first stage fairly easy but the second stage was a meat grinder. The Speed at which they could cover both sides of the Train, the mines that would give enemy locations, the MG AND finally the speed at which the could defuse doomed my team. Again this is a team game and when your two or three bottom players are going 2-20 you cant break through nor defend planted dyno.

As proxey I could at-least give us multi attempts to plant and buy time with my own mines.

Basically in a nut shell on attackers you can carry on a bad team with Proxy. That is how OP she is. If I had her unlocked I bet we would have made it at-least to the last stage if not won the map.

I have said it before and I will say it again if you remove shotguns (Aura and Proxy) and even out the speed a little more you will get more team work and a higher skill ceiling as best shot would win and or best use of abilities. But I say that with this MM testing in mind. The faster mercs were a must have on attackers and the Fast defuse was needed on Defenders. I broke down each maps and how different mercs work on another post. Example Proxy isnt as OP on White Chapel as she is on every other map…

Balance will fix this and I hope the stats point this out especially on certain maps.

(ToonBE) #7

[QUOTE=spookify;522288]Ouch haha! I do in fact blame my team a little bit because they really didnt do anything and yes I was Saw and yes I was owning and reviving. However I couldn’t carry the objective as Saw. I was up against (on Train) 2 aura’s and 2 Proxys (The last was swaping classes). We got through first stage fairly easy but the second stage was a meat grinder. The Speed at which they could cover both sides of the Train, the mines that would give enemy locations, the MG AND finally the speed at which the could defuse doomed my team. Again this is a team game and when your two or three bottom players are going 2-20 you cant break through nor defend planted dyno.

As proxey I could at-least give us multi attempts to plant and buy time with my own mines.

Basically in a nut shell on attackers you can carry on a bad team with Proxy. That is how OP she is. If I had her unlocked I bet we would have made it at-least to the last stage if not won the map.

I have said it before and I will say it again if you remove shotguns (Aura and Proxy) and even out the speed a little more you will get more team work and a higher skill ceiling as best shot would win and or best use of abilities. But I say that with this MM testing in mind. The faster mercs were a must have on attackers and the Fast defuse was needed on Defenders. I broke down each maps and how different mercs work on another post. Example Proxy isnt as OP on White Chapel as she is on every other map…

Balance will fix this and I hope the stats point this out especially on certain maps.[/QUOTE]

Please do not nerf the movement speed. It is already too slow… Even Saw feels like he is running thru waist high water…

(spookify) #8

Some mercs feel like flying and some dont but when u add a shotgun, mines, speed and the crazy fast arm/disarm rate its crazy…

(ToonBE) #9

Proxy is an engy, so fast obj play is just logic and her mines are easily detectable. She has just 90hp so her fast movement is necessary.

Shotgun needs more spread so it isn’t as effective at longer range, but it is not far off I would say. The shotty needs to be strong at close range because of the low hp. Removing shotguns altogether would be a loss for dirty bomb. If you look at fragger or the br16 (when aimed well) those are crazy strong.

(spookify) #10

[QUOTE=ToonBE;522291]Proxy is an engy, so fast obj play is just logic and her mines are easily detectable. She has just 90hp so her fast movement is necessary.

Shotgun needs more spread so it isn’t as effective at longer range, but it is not far off I would say. The shotty needs to be strong at close range because of the low hp. Removing shotguns altogether would be a loss for dirty bomb. If you look at fragger or the br16 (when aimed well) those are crazy strong.[/QUOTE]

I think we are on the same page but basically “ALL” I am saying is her arm and disarm is too fast “especially” with the mechanic perk. Engys should “not” get that perk.

(ToonBE) #11

Agreed! :wink: they should not!

(Glottis-3D) #12

agreed with everyone in this thread.

:slight_smile:

(BomBaKlaK) #13

100% agree ! definitely to fast ! This crazy disarm speed make maps defense biased

(Szakalot) #14

what he said

(chippy) #15

The most annoying thing with them is that you can’t really dodge them if you set it off. Normally I would be sprinting, I see a mine in the corner which I can’t go past without setting it off or notice it just in time to dodge it, even if I do a long jump and end up well away from the blast radius I still take damage.

(ToonBE) #16

Well that is the point. Mines are already easily detectable, so you need to be smart in placing them. If you were able to sprint away when triggered, why even have mines at all?

(Szakalot) #17

Thing is, you don’t have to be smart with them. Just throw them at wherever action is. Or throw them at the objective. Either one will get you a lot of kills, as people are too busy being shot at to do anything about a mine on the ground.

I’m really in favor of changing the mine mechanic a bit. Either distinguish between manually-armed and self-armed mines (self armed do less damage, but Proxy can ‘tweak it’ to bring it to where they are now), or allow the opposing team some type of disarm mechanic (press ‘use’ before mine is fully armed; though my personal preference is to make mines non-explosive right until they are armed).

(Glottis-3D) #18

this has been around for over a year.
selectable tools should be best fix for that. want to disarm - select disarm tool, want to revive - select paddles.
no priority algorithm can decide whether i want to disarm or to revive. because sometimes i have time for disarm, and sometimes only option os to revive Proxy, so she can disarm.

(chippy) #19

Not the point I’m trying to make though. :wink: If I stumble across a mine, no matter if I know it’s there or not, and have the reaction time to perform a long jump well away from it’s blast radius, I should at least get away without taking the full damage.

(meat) #20

You can’t avoid the damage, but crouching when you trip a mine is supposed to reduce the damage you take. I read that in one of the past patch release notes.