Next step in the beta

(ToonBE) #1

What will be the next step in the beta? @Silvanoshi

(BomBaKlaK) #2

We will be returning to Steam for good in the next few weeks with some fundamental improvements made, and Merc Progression added.

Yep I’m curious to

(montheponies) #3

yep same here - not really getting why we have to take the servers offline while you work on the game. Not really in line with what I signed up for.

(INF3RN0) #4

I hope the next phase will leave DB permanently online for the most part. These weekend tests will only increase impatience.

(Ceres) #5

I am Cerious too, hehe. No clue why the game keeps going offline. Definitely the first beta that I’ve been part of that does that.

(ASD) #6

why they need to go offline? … I can explain you… they only have this one copy of code… and this is so top secret that they are not allowed to make copys so they can either runn the code so we can play on it OR they can modify it… but both at the same time… nop :slight_smile:

Yes please give info :slight_smile:

(Silvanoshi) #8

This should indeed be the last time that Dirty Bomb goes offline for an extended period of time. As for the current plan. Right now we’ve got peeps working on the next patch, while others are digging into the data and feedback that came about during last week’s testing. It’s a bit too early to talk about DB’s next beta date, but you won’t have to wait TOO long before you learn more.

(BAMFana) #9

Sweet, I had a lot of fun playing these beta weekends and look forward to more.

(Silvanoshi) #10

You and me both mate!

(amazinglarry) #11

This practice is probably less common in recent years (especially with all the Early Access stuff on Steam etc) but most Betas I’ve been part of took their servers offline a lot. It’s especially useful for stress test weekends. Keeping the game offline for a little drives up the amount of players who will participate in those weekends. I’m not saying that’s exactly what’s happening, but it’s a good side benefit.

Stress tests are hugely important, and people (in my experience) are less likely to play because a developer asked nicely. Gamers are a bit too entitled and feel like they deserve everything at all times, despite knowingly participating in Alphas or Betas…

Anyways, I’m sure SD would rather people be playing as complete and balanced game as they envision, rather than allow for on-the-fence players to get ‘meh’ about a game that’s still working out some issues.

I’m all for controlled tests, is what I’m trying to say I guess. :slight_smile:

(chippy) #12

I feel as if I’ve read this a few times before. :wink:

(Shanks) #13

You mean a couple of hours, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Rex) #14

Good thing we can play permanently now in the future.

nevermind.

(prophett) #16

[QUOTE=JBRAA;522496]Thought of DB when this just happend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDcSZIDffKg COD model error[/QUOTE]

Can’t believe you are playing that…

nevermind.

(Mustang) #18

TL;DR

• March 26th 4pm GMT = Return of always on
  • Still closed beta
  • No more wipes (during closed beta, not sure about open/launch)
  • All Steam keys still work

Email just came through:

Ready up! Dirty Bomb will be back next week!

Thanks to your help in the recent Stress Tests, the Dirty Bomb Closed Beta is almost ready for always-on service.

Dirty Bomb will go back online next Thursday, March 26th at 9AM PDT/ 16:00 GMT, so get your guns locked and loaded.

Visit the Dirty Bomb forums for all the latest on the game and give us your feedback.

And from Nexon forum:

It’s time to mark your fragging calendars again because guess who’s coming back in just 1 week- your good friend Dirty Bomb! That’s right folks Thursday, March 26th is D – Day. At 9AM PDT/16:00 GMT Dirty Bomb will be back up for good. Yes, the game is still in closed beta and everyone who has gotten a key will be able to play. What’s more is there will be no more wipes during the closed beta! Hooray!

Not only is the game back but if you participated in at least one game during the last two testing periods you will get your hands on a Limited Edition Obisdian Loadout Card.
What’s next you ask? We have some cool info coming your way and we’ll give you the full scoop when we return next week.

(slanir) #19

26th???

Don’t think I will survive the withdrawals for that long. :wink:

(Silvanoshi) #20

[QUOTE=slanir;522650]26th???

Don’t think I will survive the withdrawals for that long. :wink:[/QUOTE]

Oh come on now, it’ll only be 7 days. You can make it, I believe in you!