Weapon switch number key binds stopped working

(Mustang) #1

Putting this under freeze/crash because it felt like the servers were performing very poorly last night and this feels like a consequence of it.

If you would like to follow along the VOD I’m referencing is here: http://www.twitch.tv/mustang/b/634490579
Ignore the delayed sound, it is unrelated.

So the server was EU Objective 8v8 02 (I believe) at around 1am-ish last night (March 9th).

On my first spawn you can see a few stutters and freezes, notably at 1:45:54 and 1:45:58.

On my second spawn I’m unable to switch to my knife using number binds (number 3 above the E key) at 1:46:08-1:46:23, but can quick knife (mouse3) and change weapons with mouse binds (mouse wheel up for primary and mouse wheel down for secondary)

I think it was working again by 1:46:23, but it was definitely working by my next spawn at 1:48:45.

At the same time I heard Pixel saying he was unable to switch weapons with number keys either.

(alphabeta) #2

This is still happening for me; more frequently lately. I get weird weapon freezes in the middle of firefights where suddenly my weapon will not fire. I switch to secondary and still won’t fire. I have to run around trying to avoid getting killed until I can switch weapons several times and then suddenly am able to fire again.

(Apples) #3

Its called reload! ^^

(alphabeta) #4

LOL. I wish it was that simple. The gun is fully loaded; it just won’t fire.