Aura healing deployable feedback

(Protekt1) #1

I’m still not a fan of how strong this thing is. I have an idea on how to tone it down a little bit. 1 or both of the following:

1. has a delay of 2 seconds before healing starts
  2. heals in pulses rather than continuous

Also maybe tone the HP down to be 1 shot by right click knife?

I do think it needs to be strong still. But maybe not in the way it is currently.

edit: To clarify, I don’t think its OP and perhaps my wording initially is wrong. Its not too strong. I just think the way it is strong could be tweaked a little bit different.

(prophett) #2

Something needs to be done about it. Both options are worth a tr, but I would personally like to see an interruption to healing while the player is taking damage.

(dommafia) #3

same same same

(chippy) #4

One Aura - “It’s ok.”
Two Auras - “Mjeh, I guess…”
Three Auras or more - “I’m done.”

If the healing station doesn’t get some sort of adjustment soon, heal in pulses, stopped/slowed down when hit, or whatever suggestions there is… This is going to get way worse than it already is.

(potty200) #5

Got a load out card two days ago for aura. I am now concerned that people are going to see this as a pay to win game. The augments on aura were 20% larger healing range AND 35% quicker heal rate. This card makes me very upset :frowning: please remove augments or let us choose them. Have cards as skins and weapons only. K thanks

(ToonBE) #6

Wow, that is indeed a very big boost :confused: Should be more subtle imo. Maybe that is why I played an objective match against five aura’s :stuck_out_tongue: Still won though haha :d

On Aura: It doesn’t bother me that much… She has 80hp she needs something to be worthwhile and she can be used in interesting tactics. Aura is countered by explosives (fragger, nader).

(titan) #7

cant believe this still hasn’t been nerfed any decent aura player can hold a corner and be completely unbeatable

(potty200) #8

Do grenades actually destroy the station now? I need to get direct hits and nothing happens to it :X

(ToonBE) #9

I played a few rounds with Aura vs you as Fragger. Your nade destroyed the healing station and downed me at the same time. So yeah something happens :stuck_out_tongue:

(chippy) #10

There’s a loadout card that gives Aura a semi auto gun (which can be spammed so it effectively becomes full auto) which also makes her viable for very long ranges as well…

(BMXer) #11

I can’t believe this hasn’t been nerfed like 10x already. I’m also surprised there are not 10 threads, 5 pages deep of people discussing this. Unreal how OP this thing is. The healing station continues to be the strongest enemy I have encountered in Dirty Bomb. MVP every round.

(titan) #12

it’s madness right?! lol

(Glottis-3D) #13

imho it is not OP.
it is a little-bit more powerfull than it should be.

• 20% more damage to station from exploisives
  • 5% less heal speed
  • 0.5 seconds more to deploy
  • +5 seconds more on cooldown
  • +3 more seconds penalty after taking your station back

(prophett) #14

[QUOTE=Glottis-3D;522109]imho it is not OP.

• 20% more damage to station from explosives
  • 5% less heal speed
  • +3 more seconds penalty after taking your station back[/QUOTE]

All of that is useless if there is no interruption to healing while the player is taking damage…

(ragnak) #15

Exactly, no regen for x seconds after taking damage and it would be bearable. How can even anyone think that its not overpowered is beyond me :D.

(ToonBE) #16

I really don’t agree… That is a bad idea… If you were to do this, what is the difference between a healing station and a med pack? Healing station should stay as it is, maybe with some minor tweaks as glottis suggested. I to get frustrated by it sometimes, but I still feel the healing station has its place in dirty bomb.

(INF3RN0) #17

I played against a team of 3 proxy 3 aura the other day. Went Fragger and farmed. I’ve never seen any aura/proxy get MVP, though yea ofc shotguns are still the lamest way to die and heal stations can be very annoying. Problem is that heal stations and light mercs with shotguns scale really badly with the aim skill curve to the point that they feel OP unless you get to the point where tracking light mercs isn’t challenging anymore. I seriously hope that they alter the heal station mechanics to a pulse heal and rework shotguns to have quadratic damage decay based on hit% with a headshot box. When nader and rhino return I hope they will have received the same attention. These overly noob friendly mercs/weapons have plagued the game forever and abilities like the heal station shouldn’t require people to need such high accuracy to beat.

(BMXer) #18

As it is now, the healing station is MUCH more powerful than med packs. Why should Aura have so many advantages over the other medics?
Aura is faster, has a more powerful weapon up close, the healing station regens faster than medpacks, heals WHILE taking damage and it can heal the entire team at one time. The only advantages Sawbones has is longer range on his primary and a little more mobility with his packs. Seems like some pretty whack “balance” if you ask me.

(Szakalot) #19

[QUOTE=Glottis-3D;522109]imho it is not OP.

• 20% more damage to station from exploisives
  • 5% less heal speed
  • +3 more seconds penalty after taking your station back[/QUOTE]

this plus bringing explosive mercs back would solve most of the problems people have with the station. Every merc deserves to have something ‘unfair’.

Definitely feels like explosives are very inconsistent with the station. sometimes it explodes with the Aura, sometimes Aura dies sitting on her station but the station itself is fine.

(Rex) #20

It can’t be the case that people are afraid of attacking an Aura sitting on their station, because they know they will be forced into reload faster as Proxy can run. The healing station shouldn’t heal up faster as others can damage you obviously.

It’s simply op, so fix it please.