Modernfront 0.5.0 release

(twt_thunder) #1

Modernfront 0.5.0

First Stable

Installing:

extract this archive into your wolfenstein directory!

a little NB! on windows servers, you have to use the ETDED and not ET to get lua to work!

Credits:

Developers of the game: SD,ID,Activision and nerve
     Etpub team for source code

Modernfront:

Jenkins - code and gfx
     Thunder - code(?lol),gfx,models and animations
     Kemon - HD flags

changelog- beta to 0.5.0:

• Changed name on specops to GAF and brought in new flags

• HD flags added to geoip (thx Kemon)

• new uniforms on both teams also with some new gear

• attached vest removed

• rescaled m14 to a better size

• fixed ui fault

• added pipebomb as axis nade

• added new grenade to allied

• added new binoculars

• Lua fixed to load from folder luascripts inside modfolder

• exploit fix

• chrashfix on client attached to tank

WITH LUA:http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/81704?referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moddb.com%2Fmods%2Fmodernfront%2Fdownloads

NO LUA:http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/81701?referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moddb.com%2Fmods%2Fmodernfront%2Fdownloads

(twt_thunder) #2

server here for those who cares:
128.199.36.214:27960

hosted by thewolfteam and open for all to play :slight_smile:

(KeMoN) #3

When you promote things it is always a good idea to include screenshots or images, because that’s what people react to.
I had a quick test round and I really like your playermodels, especially the backpacks and the headscarf on the axis team. However I noticed several issues with the guns. They go from texture alignement/streching, over leaks in the models, timing of the sounds, to animation issues. Especially the G36 with riflenades has quite some issues with animations.
The cvops camouflage playermodel is a nice touch!
Still “version 0.5.0” suggests this is a really early beta/test version and for that development stage it already looks good!

(twt_thunder) #4

[QUOTE=KeMoN;522094]When you promote things it is always a good idea to include screenshots or images, because that’s what people react to.
I had a quick test round and I really like your playermodels, especially the backpacks and the headscarf on the axis team. However I noticed several issues with the guns. They go from texture alignement/streching, over leaks in the models, timing of the sounds, to animation issues. Especially the G36 with riflenades has quite some issues with animations.
The cvops camouflage playermodel is a nice touch!
Still “version 0.5.0” suggests this is a really early beta/test version and for that development stage it already looks good![/QUOTE]

Thx Kemon, very true that there is still issues, but we’ll pick a little by little as we go .
I am very aware of animations on nade launchers and are picking on it :slight_smile:

I wish I had an animator with us really as I suck when it comes to this… but maybe better in next big release :slight_smile:
Atleast the mod offers something else than ww2 for those who would like this :slight_smile:

EDIT: and pics can be found here:

(twt_thunder) #5

need some public opinion from them who have tried the mod… would the G36 be better like this??

(acQu) #6

I recently tried the mod, but have no time to give profound feedback.

Overall: great modelling and skinning. All good on that end.

Some bugs (: It could be that Kemon already said that by “leaks in the models”. take a look at the pic:

Some stuff for Jenkins if he has time (or even me ;): crosshair flickers sometimes. Go in spec and do nothing: sometimes your crosshair just moves (mostly pointing downwards afterwards). I think this is caus some bad characters in the name of bots. Other thing: sometimes you even get forced to spectate a person on server although you are in free spectator mode.

(KeMoN) #7

Oh right, I forgot to report that your 3rd person binoc model is buggy :smiley:
No, by leaks in the models I meant cuts etc where you could see through the model, much like seeing caulked surfaces in maps.

(twt_thunder) #8

Acqu, thats a missing model… I am aware of it, looking thru source for changing path on the dropped one, Kemon could you be kind to tell me wich model that leaks? I am aware of the ump45. Probably have to redo it…

(KeMoN) #9

I attached 4 screenshots for you where i highlighted the leaks.

(twt_thunder) #10

thanx Kemon, will look into it.
Not sure why this happends…
EDIT: Dirty fix for now, added cull none in shaders

And I am really confused with the missing model on binoc drop… shouldnt happen…

I can only find the place I allready changed the path in code…

(twt_thunder) #11

[QUOTE=acQu;522307]
. Other thing: sometimes you even get forced to spectate a person on server although you are in free spectator mode.[/QUOTE]

Think this have todo with the exploit fix?

(Teuthis) #12

Haven’t tried yet but Maybe someone can Report on whether both Teams can clearly been distinguished properly? Think that’s Key to avoid massive complaints on the Mod. But thinking about it I already know the answer and am sure Thunder considered this of course

(twt_thunder) #13

ok, I’ve figured out the binoc fault, it was the weapon config missing pickup model.

now…

Wich one is best looking?

this one:

or

this one:

(Mateos) #14

Second one looks like a mod made when the game was released :x

(twt_thunder) #15

Meaning???

anyway made a final one, a “tanned” one.

(Mateos) #16

The skin was blurry, making the model looking like very low poly, that’s what I meant ^^’

New one is far better :slight_smile: