Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

(Ododo) #1

Have you heard about upcoming Wolfenstein: The Old Blood ?
(or should i say : Return To Castle Wolfenstein… again !)

//youtu.be/fxVEpo_35sA

Am i wrong or they took the scene from RTCW with the cable-car ? (How dare they ! :D)
Anyway , will you play it ?

(KeMoN) #2

Oh My God! :eek: This is the most impressive thing I’ve seen in quite some time! Thank you for sharing, I haven’t heard of it before!

[QUOTE=Ododo;521870]
Anyway , will you play it ?[/QUOTE]
I most definitely will!!! This brings back the memories it appears!

(Runeforce) #3

lol “comming may 5th”. wp Bethesda.

I think we all might give it a go :slight_smile:

(rookie1) #4

Sound cool :slight_smile:

(William Faure) #5

Looks great ─ sure I’ll get it; let’s get back to Castle Wolfenstein!

(William Faure) #6

Here, I gathered some Intel about this upcoming game.

The year is 1946 and the Nazis are on the brink of winning World War II. In an effort to turn the tide in the allies’ favor, B.J. Blazkowicz must embark on an epic, two-part mission deep within Bavaria…

Part one of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - Rudi Jäger and the Den of Wolves - pits BJ Blazkowicz against a maniacal prison warden as he breaks into Castle Wolfenstein in an attempt to steal the coordinates to General Deathshead’s compound.

In part two – The Dark Secrets of Helga Von Schabbs – our hero’s search for the coordinates leads him to the city of Wulfburg where an obsessed Nazi archaeologist is exhuming mysterious artifacts that threaten to unleash a dark and ancient power.

Unlike The New Order, it looks to propose more occult content — has Bethesda decided to get back to the origins of the series?

Whatever, we will: return to Wulfburg, explore The Dark Secrets of Helga Von Schabbs (The Dark Secrets, similar to A Dark Secret chapter in Return to Castle Wolfenstein™; Helga Von Schabbs is really similar to Helga Von Bulow in RtCW, but has also a link to Doctor Schabbs in Wolf3D!) and we will explore crypts! Are the zombies/warriors finally back?

An obsessed Nazi archaeologist exhuming mysterious artifacts that threaten to unleash a dark and ancient power?
Looks diabolic! Looking forward to it.

(ronboy) #7

Unlike the New Order, this game promises to stay in World War 2, according to the description. I will play it, as long as it keeps this promise.

(.Chris.) #8

It looks awesome and appears just as fun as New Order, didn’t even notice it was in WW2 till it said so. Is this a full game or an expansion pack almost? Seems odd to release it so soon after New Order if it is a full game, dare we ask about MP?

Also shouldn’t this be posted in off-topic section? More people will see it there,

(kat) #9

Has anyone figured out if it’s a standalone game or a DLC to The New Order? Having a hard time trying to figure that out… :confused:

(.Chris.) #10

It looks like it’s a standalone game

Bethesda has today unveiled Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, a standalone prequel to 2014’s well-received alternate history shooter Wolfenstein: The New Order.
(http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/04/bethesda-reveals-wolfenstein-the-new-blood)

Judging by the price

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood will be available digitally on May 5, 2015 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One for USD$20 / £14.99 / €19.99 / AUD$39.95.
it’s not a full game more like a standalone expansion pack? Which I’m happy with, I would have been really surprised if they had managed to make a fully fledged game in such a short amount of time, either way I’m looking forward to it.

(kat) #11

thumbsup

(Ododo) #12

First gameplay video !

//youtu.be/Ra1FA5iJGAs

looks very similar to The New Order
If they worked hard on the soundtracks then it should be great ! because it’s what Wolfenstein is about.

(.Chris.) #13

Has anyone played this yet? Due to spending too much last month I’m having to wait till next pay day :frowning:

(Eugeny) #14

Today finished playing

(ronboy) #15

I haven’t played it, and I have no intentions to. This is just like The New Order: very little World War 2 stuff, and a lot of science fictional junk. :frowning:

Then again, that’s what the community is for. Some projects in the works such as the Rtcw Remake Mod are much more promising.

(ronboy) #16

It was bad, wasn’t it?

I haven’t played it, and I have no intentions to. This is just like The New Order: very little World War 2 stuff, and a lot of science fictional junk. :frowning:

Then again, that’s what the community is for. Some projects in the works such as the Rtcw Remake Mod are much more promising.

(.Chris.) #17

Not interested, RTCW had too many zombie and ghosts junk, they made the game unrealistic and I couldn’t enjoy the game because of it.

(ronboy) #18

So you’re saying that The New Order and The Old Blood are realistic? Following what you stated, you must like these two games more because they are “realistic”.

What a load of bulls*it…

(melc_av) #19

Chris, my peal,
You don’t like Rtcw because isn’t realistic? Because from zombies?:slight_smile:
For you is more realistic New Order with it alternative history and missions on the moon? And Old Blood with new zombies in chapter 6,7 and 8?
For more realistic game you can play Call of duty or even FIFA 2015.

(Eugeny) #20

[QUOTE=melc_av;527966]Chris, my peal,
You don’t like Rtcw because isn’t realistic? Because from zombies?:slight_smile:
For you is more realistic New Order with it alternative history and missions on the moon? And Old Blood with new zombies in chapter 6,7 and 8?
For more realistic game you can play Call of duty or even FIFA 2015.[/QUOTE]

I agree! true said