Mod Support

(Shanks) #1

I understand that this is a f2p game and probably won’t contain much mod support besides maybe map making, but are they any plans to include any addition mod support?

(sunshinefats) #2

I wouldn’t mind seeing custom player models(i.e. I could swap in danny trejo in place of say fragger’s model). Something simple like that which wouldn’t really affect other players.

(ToonBE) #3

That will never happen, because it is part of the economy. If you want other skins you will need to pay.

(Breo) #4

Dedicated servers are needed to support mods? Mods will be only working on unranked servers and probably 90% won’t even play on those servers, when there are medals, ranks and other ingame rewards.

(AssortedStuff) #5

If Loadout got Stallone and Mr T I want Trejo in Dirty Bomb!
…I’m joking, but it would be funny if it’d happen :smiley:

(DB Genome editor) #6

But that doesn’t have to exclude community-made skins. Nearly every cosmetic that’s been added to TF2 in the last few years come straight from the Steam Workshop. Valve are happy because they get to release new content a nearly no cost to them, and the moders are happy because they get a share of the sales revenues.

(Loffy) #7

On a sidenote, I saw today that Dying Light is active on the Steam Workshop:
Interesting concept, that attracts me as a (mediocre, yet motivated) custom mapper.

Steam workshop for DB could be awesome if SD, creators and players all befenit from it