Map release : Canyon Depths FINAL

(Yatta) #1

Hello ! I just released the final version of Canyon Depths, a map I started working on back in 2007, and only recently decided to complete thanks to people bugging me about it :stuck_out_tongue:

Download :

Screenshots (from beta 10) :

Have a good day !

(KeMoN) #2

Now that’s dedication! Congratulations to you and also thank you for still working on and improving a map you started in 2007.
Great news! Also is there a rough changelog with the changes you applied or were those just minor details/tweaks?

Can we hope for any future mapping projects from you? :wink:

Regards

(Mateos) #3

Included inside :wink:

Thank you for releasing it!

(Yatta) #4

Yup, changelog is included in the pk3 but I should have posted it here - forgot, my bad.

Changelog from Beta 10 to Final :

[DESERT / CANYON / OASIS]

• Added tutorial lines at castle spawn for allies to help new players figure out where the flag is and that its important to defend it
  • Fixed an exploit allowing to put the dynamite for first tank barrier inside the building above it + modified that building
  • Moved the canyon Allies-only door closer to the Command Post (makes it more relevant)
  • Fixed sandbags and trees not properly blocking projectiles
  • Made side of mobile bridge door more accessible for non double-jump servers

[CAVES / LOWER BUNKER]

• Added light fog to improve depths/volume perception in the caves area, its looks nice !
  • Removed fog because it halved the framerate, fuuuuuuuu !
  • Lowered back caves bridge build time to 9s and lowered charge bar cost
  • Fixed an exploit allowing to blow caves bottom gate from the outside
  • Larger elevator in the loading bay near the password room
  • Fixed bunker password being accessible before the cage opened
  • Changed the layout of the password room
  • Added an additionnal “rat way” under the twin-elevator in the large areas before the tank hole
  • Gates before the laboratory open a bit slower

[LABORATORY]

• Conveyor (chariot) 1st laboratory door can now be opened by allies (and not covert ops) so they can access the door dynamite when spawning inside the laboratory
  • Removed one “tutorial line” for allies in laboratory to prevent leading allies to non-prioritary objective

[GLOBAL]

• Fixed an exploit allowing players to spawn at supposedly unavailable positions
  • Changes to arena/objectives texts
  • Minor respawn time changes
  • Some decor improvement, various fixes (clipping, geometry, textures)
  • Probably other things I forgot

(zbzero) #5

source: readme.txt

No thanks to :

• Gtk Radiant for trolling me and ****ing up my map more than once.

LOL

:slight_smile:

(Loffy) #6

Photos look awesome, great job!

(ailmanki) #7

I love the mobile bridge and huge cave :slight_smile: